Narrowband

Forum Newbies North American and Pelican Nebula...

Psychobilly

Thanks Both,

I'm a newbie to this forum ... I have been "haunting" other places but decided to broaden my horizons...I had my first scope in May last year - an etx015...its been a busy few months since I got the CPC800XLT last christmas...still very much on the learning curve...been into photography for over 30 years though so the astrophotography was the next challenge...or should that be obsession...

Billy...

Thanks kev...

Thats a crop the setup does 4x2 degrees at a push and if i remember to clean the optics properly...also got to live with a bit of comma in the outer edges... but the WO FF III tranformed the little "66" with the DSLR's

Here's a warts and all full frame...needed a better set of darks etc ... before spending some time on the IP

napelfullframe.jpg

Billy...

Wow! That's a great image, love the colour details. Is the camera modified for astronomy at all?

I am thinking of getting a field flattener for my WO 72mm. So you would recommend it then? At present the stars near the edges of my shots through it tend to be elongated and stretched, I take it the flattener would reduce that effect?

Thanks

TJ

in a word...yes...

The WO FF III was probably one of my better purchases of late that and the Hutech IDAS P2

The cameras un-modded I have a choice of either a D200 or KM5D there is quite a bit of difference between the spectral response of the two the KM5D enhances both the red and blue but suffers from more noise.

I am not a big fan of of the vibrant red Ha images prefering to spend several hours capturing data from an un-modded camera. - the opening shots is 35x300s taken over 3 consecutive nights between the clouds...

Billy...

Archived