740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Astro beer

Knighty2112

Was out for a meal with colleagues from work in Covent Gardens tonight, and one of the beers (which I'd never heard of before) at the brasserie where we were eating was named after an astronomical phenomena, Meteor. So in the spirit (pun intended) of naming drinks (or posibly food even) after astronomical related things can we add to the list of things here? I can think of two confectionaries that have an Astro themed name (namely Mars bars and Milky Way), but curious as to if there are more around the globe that could be added to this admittedly short list so far?

IMG_1950.JPG

• Like 1

There are a huge number of hop varieties that can be used for making beer, including ones called "Apollo", "Aurora", "Challenger", "Galaxy", "Pioneer", "Phoenix" and "Southern Cross".  At some point next year I intend to make a number of beers with astronomy-themed names using those hops.

Actually I've already used Challenger a fair bit mixed with other varieties as it's a common replacement for the traditional English "Goldings" hop.  I've not yet made one that just uses Challenger however.

James

• Like 1

On 14/12/2016 at 11:16, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Galaxy chocolate and Kelvin-Helmholtz bon-bons of course.

Great, should have remembered the Galaxy chocolate, but never heard of the later Bon-bons though. Cheers! :) 

On 14/12/2016 at 11:51, AllanJ said:

Here's a photo I took at SGLXII to console myself for lack of other imaging opportunities.

Allan

WineBottle.jpg

I like that. Me wants a couple of bottles! Hic! ;) 

22 hours ago, JamesF said:

There are a huge number of hop varieties that can be used for making beer, including ones called "Apollo", "Aurora", "Challenger", "Galaxy", "Pioneer", "Phoenix" and "Southern Cross".  At some point next year I intend to make a number of beers with astronomy-themed names using those hops.

Actually I've already used Challenger a fair bit mixed with other varieties as it's a common replacement for the traditional English "Goldings" hop.  I've not yet made one that just uses Challenger however.

James

Excellent. We'll wait for the invites for the advanced tastings then! Hehe! :) 

21 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

Does Big Mac count (I'm thinking of a spherical surfaced catadioptric telescope here....)

Chris

Hmmmnnnn......is that with fries too! Lol! ;) 

5 hours ago, oobydooby said:

I hear tell that in Somerset they have a pie which contains fish heads called Stargazey Pie.

recipe-stargazy.jpg

Wow! Really! I would definitely give that one a miss! 

2 hours ago, Skipper Billy said:

Now you (haven't !) opened a can of worms here .....

food-drink-astronaut-can_openers-star-space-nasa-12267965_low.jpg

Nope! All is well here skipper! Hehe! ;) 

Edited by Knighty2112