Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro beer

Knighty2112

Was out for a meal with colleagues from work in Covent Gardens tonight, and one of the beers (which I'd never heard of before) at the brasserie where we were eating was named after an astronomical phenomena, Meteor. So in the spirit (pun intended) of naming drinks (or posibly food even) after astronomical related things can we add to the list of things here? I can think of two confectionaries that have an Astro themed name (namely Mars bars and Milky Way), but curious as to if there are more around the globe that could be added to this admittedly short list so far?

IMG_1950.JPG

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a huge number of hop varieties that can be used for making beer, including ones called "Apollo", "Aurora", "Challenger", "Galaxy", "Pioneer", "Phoenix" and "Southern Cross".  At some point next year I intend to make a number of beers with astronomy-themed names using those hops.

Actually I've already used Challenger a fair bit mixed with other varieties as it's a common replacement for the traditional English "Goldings" hop.  I've not yet made one that just uses Challenger however.

James

22 hours ago, JamesF said:

There are a huge number of hop varieties that can be used for making beer, including ones called "Apollo", "Aurora", "Challenger", "Galaxy", "Pioneer", "Phoenix" and "Southern Cross".  At some point next year I intend to make a number of beers with astronomy-themed names using those hops.

Actually I've already used Challenger a fair bit mixed with other varieties as it's a common replacement for the traditional English "Goldings" hop.  I've not yet made one that just uses Challenger however.

James

Excellent. We'll wait for the invites for the advanced tastings then! Hehe! :) 

Archived