SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51 (reprocessed)

alan4908

With poor UK weather and given that I need post processing practice, I thought I'd have a go at a reprocess of M51 that I acquired in Feb/March 16. This time I attempted to get better star colours and to sharpen the galaxy a little more via a combination of Pixinsight and Photoshop functions.  The image is an LRGB and represents just over 6 hours integration time.  

Alan

Final M51.jpg

55 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Quite lovely. A very pleasing image.  What camera?  Sorry, I could probably work that out from your sig but I'm not familiar with the model numbers. 

Thanks the the comments Ouroboros, the image was taken with my Starlight Xpress mono camera (the SX Trius 814 on my signature).

Alan 

51 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

Wow. I think I need to practice too. Just so frustrating watching the clouds.

Thanks. Yes, the weather is pretty bad here at the moment but I least it means my processing skills will stand a better chance of improving ! :happy11:

9 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Lovely image!

Thanks Michael. 

Alan

Congratulations Alan, a really great image - I presume with your Evostar 80ED, which for me makes it all the more impressive?  I'm just about to embark on using mono + filter  camera for the first time and can only hope I could do something similar one day with my 81mm scope.

1 hour ago, alan4908 said:

Thanks the the comments Ouroboros, the image was taken with my Starlight Xpress mono camera (the SX Trius 814 on my signature).

Alan 

OK. Thanks. It's good to know the camera model because I'm constantly dithering on the edge to jumping up from my aging DSLR to a CCD of some type.  Clearly the SX Trius is up to the job, in capable hands that is. 

20 minutes ago, groberts said:

Congratulations Alan, a really great image - I presume with your Evostar 80ED, which for me makes it all the more impressive?  I'm just about to embark on using mono + filter  camera for the first time and can only hope I could do something similar one day with my 81mm scope.

Thanks - yes, the image was taken with my Evostar 80 ED - a remarkable piece of equipment for the price.  Good luck with your mono imaging, I found my move from OSC to mono really improved my images, which is mainly down to the significantly increased sensitivity that you will obtain with a mono camera.

Alan

5 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

OK. Thanks. It's good to know the camera model because I'm constantly dithering on the edge to jumping up from my aging DSLR to a CCD of some type.  Clearly the SX Trius is up to the job, in capable hands that is. 

Yes, I like the SX Trius range of camera's - quite small, sensitive and I can run at my chosen temperature (-20C) all the year round without any issues from cooling in the summer. You also get an inbuilt USB hub which I've found very reliable and good for reducing the number of cables. So, I would definitely recommend them.

Alan 

Archived