Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nikon Astro-mod in UK?

parallaxerr

I saw the tutorial and thought "nope, that's not for me". I'm handy enough at soldering but the solder points look very small and the ribbon cables all too easy to damage - and there's so many of them!

I wouldn't mind if I had a back up camera but if it all went South, I'd be stuffed!

• 11 months later...

Indeed, on the Advanced Camera Services web site, I only see full spectrum conversion.

I would prefer to have in a UV-IR cut filter (like the Baader one) to make things easier with other filters (e.g., some CLS filters do not have an IR cut).

In the meanwhile, I found the Italian equivalent (perhaps more precisely seems the italian branch) of Teleskop-express (the german one offers modifications for Canons only).

They offer modification for the D5100:

http://www.teleskop-express.it/servizi-ts-italia/2888-modifica-astronomy-nikon-super-uv-ir-cut-e-brt-astronomy-expert.html

Pricing seems reasonable to me. The filter they use is not a baader one but an unspecified one of which they show the transmission curve.

The pages are in italian only but that is ok for me.

Hopefully, they know what they are doing.....

Clear skies

Archived