Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, rockystar said:

back to work tomorrow, so can't be out late. May have another session in the garden, Make it 100% for the year.

I'm up at 6 for work as well Lee so unless the seeing is the best I've ever seen it I will be home for 1am at the latest :wink: The DLB is ssetting at 20:50 so bring on the dark skies after :grin:

Car is packed setting off at half 5 :wink:

Kicked off 2017 with a really good imaging session last night
The Horsehead Nebula 02.01.2017
Atik 314L and Skywatcher Equinox 80 ED
H-alpha 10 x 300 seconds and 15 x 600 seconds with some dark and bias frames
Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and processed in PhotoShop CS2
So happy with this image although I'm sure better processing skills wouldn't go amiss :)

Horsehead Nebula 02.01.2017.jpg

3 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:
So happy with this image although I'm sure better processing skills wouldn't go amiss :)

Nice image Vicky. Where abouts did you go imaging? Was it from the back garden? 

9 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Nice image Vicky. Where abouts did you go imaging? Was it from the back garden? 

Thanks D! Just from my mate Sue's back garden as I can polar align there and see Orion from when it rises to give me plenty of imaging time without having to stop up all night. Good job too as the clouds rolled in around 10.30pm as I was packing up. What time did you guys stop out until last night?

4 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

What time did you guys stop out until last night?

Clouds rolled in around 11pm so was home for midnight. Tired now afte 7-4 at work today so having a night in.

Thinking about either Sutton bank or Hawes tomorrow night if I can find a good place? 

DLB is 36% illuminated and slated to set at 23:21 so may get a few hours in 

Crazy night for me last night, fell down the steps , managed to 'Toe' the bottom 3 so landed face forward, back,knee,ankle, wrist hurt, but still went out, both finders well out so had to dismantle, move to top patio, reset, go back down to bottom patio reset again, found B33 horsehead and got some grainy images, main thing was i found it straight away, so alignment proved good.

THIS.JPG

12 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

I said you were getting good Vicky, this image is absolutely fantastic, as good as any I have seen so far, are you sure it's not one of Gains haha

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

I said you were getting good Vicky, this image is absolutely fantastic, as good as any I have seen so far, are you sure it's not one of Gains haha

Thanks Eric! All my own work, even the dodgy processing LOL. Gain wasn't even on the scene. I'll take that compliment any day. Going to have another look at the processing over the next week and see if I can make some improvements, but I am thrilled with this image to say the least. Definitely my best yet :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Eric! All my own work, even the dodgy processing LOL. Gain wasn't even on the scene. I'll take that compliment any day. Going to have another look at the processing over the next week and see if I can make some improvements, but I am thrilled with this image to say the least. Definitely my best yet :)

Yea its 'alright' i suppose :)

Archived