SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

8 hours ago, MattGoo said:

I've been out a few times this week, but was thwarted by some errant clouds in the direction I was imaging. It was finally a totally clear sky on Wednesday night, enabling me to get the image I was after. This is the walking dragline (nicknamed Oddball) at RSPB St.Aidan's - and will be used in promotional material to advertise our upcoming RSPB/WADAS event there.

M.GOUGH_StAidans_Startrails_20170809.jpg

Nice one Matt 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MattGoo said:

I've been out a few times this week, but was thwarted by some errant clouds in the direction I was imaging. It was finally a totally clear sky on Wednesday night, enabling me to get the image I was after. This is the walking dragline (nicknamed Oddball) at RSPB St.Aidan's - and will be used in promotional material to advertise our upcoming RSPB/WADAS event there.

M.GOUGH_StAidans_Startrails_20170809.jpg

Thats awesome Matt. Nice work

Great to see all the great images coming through, brilliant star trail Matt. Looks brilliant, was showing the lads at work as a few of them live near there. Might have a few stargazing converts.

Ive managed to get out and do a bit of Ha imaging this last 2 weeks. Here is a HaRGB version of the Bubble Nebula, not sure about the colours, still haven't quite grasped how to apply colours to a NB image, probably need to use Oiii and S filters but its a bit beyond me at the minute.

HaRGB - Bubble Nebula NGC7635.xisf

HaRGB - Bubble Nebula NGC7635_Crop.xisf

Hey guys!! Long time no speak or here!!! Hope everyone is ok? 

Just to let you guys know that Ryan and I are heading down to winscar around 9 / 10pm to try and get some images of the meteor shower tonight as it stands there is only meant to be 9% cloud cover, as we all know that might change but it's worth a go!! If you're up for it we will see you there

5 minutes ago, Dec said:

Great to see all the great images coming through, brilliant star trail Matt. Looks brilliant, was showing the lads at work as a few of them live near there. Might have a few stargazing converts.

Ive managed to get out and do a bit of Ha imaging this last 2 weeks. Here is a HaRGB version of the Bubble Nebula, not sure about the colours, still haven't quite grasped how to apply colours to a NB image, probably need to use Oiii and S filters but its a bit beyond me at the minute.

HaRGB - Bubble Nebula NGC7635.xisf

HaRGB - Bubble Nebula NGC7635_Crop.xisf

Sorry heres the JPEG versions.

HaRGB - Bubble Nebula NGC7635.jpg

HaRGB - Bubble Nebula NGC7635_Crop.jpg

They're incredible Dec. The bubble nebula is top of my target list. How have you got so much colour in a H-alpha image? I haven't even worked out how to apply anything other than a single colour to one channel. Stunning job.

Yes, I was going to post to see if anyone is going out meteor spotting tonight. Think I'll join you if the forecast stays good. Even though the moon will be pesky it'll be good to have an astro catch up with a bit of banter. Been missing the astro gang. I'll be there with my DSLR, comfy chair and a flask of coffee. Are you heading to the larger car park by the water? Has anyone got any midge spray?

Just now, Vicky050373 said:

They're incredible Dec. The bubble nebula is top of my target list. How have you got so much colour in a H-alpha image? I haven't even worked out how to apply anything other than a single colour to one channel. Stunning job.

Yes, I was going to post to see if anyone is going out meteor spotting tonight. Think I'll join you if the forecast stays good. Even though the moon will be pesky it'll be good to have an astro catch up with a bit of banter. Been missing the astro gang. I'll be there with my DSLR, comfy chair and a flask of coffee. Are you heading to the larger car park by the water? Has anyone got any midge spray?

Durr, sorry Dec. Just re-read your post and seen it is HaRGB. Still waking up this morning :)

Lots of activity here this morning and quite a few seem to be thinking of heading up Winscar tonight. 

Happy anniversary to Soupy and Dawn.

I may head up there if the weather looks promising the scope might accompany me too as it needs a test before the next  new moon.

I will be heading for the small car park if I venture out.

thanks Damian...

Hope you all got a few meteors up at Winscar last night, I was out till 2.30 in Bately with Tyler's end of show party, but set camera up in garden at 10.30 before I left,

managed to catch three on the chip! stayed up till 4.30 when i got home and saw a few more! not a bad night considering the DLB!

meteor IMG_5938 80%.jpg

meteor IMG_6222 80%.jpg

meteor IMG_6300 80%.jpg

Nice pics Soupy. Sky looks crystal clear.

Sorry I didn't get up to Winscar, had been in the Dales all day and was shattered by the time I got in. Did manage to see a few meteors from my garden. Surprisingly clear given the brightness of the DLB.

Looking forward to some dark skies.

Great night at Winscar last night, and so good to see so many people there! Mark seemed to get the image of the night and I'm looking forward to seeing the result. It was also good to see Kieran again, and I believe he bagged a couple too.

Nice shots there Soupy :)

Just uploading my images from last night. Not gone through the ones I did at Winscar, however, when I got home I set up the camera in the back yard to attempt a star trails image as I've not had a proper attempt at one before.
Here is a quick process of 101 x 15 second exposures.
You can see the lights from a couple of aeroplanes as they passed overhead, however I believe I have caught one feint Perseid to the upper centre of the image.
Will have a look through the images I did at Winscar later today and see if I have managed to capture anything there.

Perseid Star Trails.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Super shots soupy. You never said about the star trails Vicky checky. I will upload a quick process later just busy at the moment. 

Nice capture Ben, and it was great to see you last night.

Decided to set up when I got home to see what I could capture and to use up the rest of my battery. Going to have a look at my other images shortly when my laptop has finished installing a massive update........ 

Archived