SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Just had a look at your images, really good, all of them, you should post them on here Jay 

eric

Thanks - I've only started in January so not had the nerve to post any directly yet!

12 hours ago, UKJay1971 said:

Thanks - I've only started in January so not had the nerve to post any directly yet!

If you see the images I have posted on here it will give you confidence alright haha. to be honest there are never any negative comments, evryone has been through various stages of gettings things excellent so appreciate any effort, but like I said your images are good mate

eric

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

If you see the images I have posted on here it will give you confidence alright haha. to be honest there are never any negative comments, evryone has been through various stages of gettings things excellent so appreciate any effort, but like I said your images are good mate

eric

Been through?? I'm still going through and will be for a long time xxxxx

Just a heads up 

BBC4 tonight 

21:00 Horizon: Space Volcanoes

22:00 S @ N

22:30 Destination Titan

23:30 The search for life: The drake equation

Some have been aired before but worth a look if you've not seen them before 

20 hours ago, 2STAR said:

eric

Here you go then - had a window on Sunday morning so decided to see how narrowband copes with full moon (better than I hoped actually!). Went for Bubble Nebula in Ha and O3 and then tried a bi colour combination (with limited success as there isn't enough data to drive it far enough in processing). It is a great target and I'll come back to it in August once we have longer dark and the moon is not full! Also I'll probably add LRGB data and then combine the narrowband in Pixinsight.

get.jpg

1 hour ago, UKJay1971 said:

Here you go then - had a window on Sunday morning so decided to see how narrowband copes with full moon (better than I hoped actually!). Went for Bubble Nebula in Ha and O3 and then tried a bi colour combination (with limited success as there isn't enough data to drive it far enough in processing). It is a great target and I'll come back to it in August once we have longer dark and the moon is not full! Also I'll probably add LRGB data and then combine the narrowband in Pixinsight.

get.jpg

For this time of the year and with the Moon about that is excellent

Just now, 2STAR said:

For this time of the year and with the Moon about that is excellent

Thanks - I had to focus manually as my stepper hasn't arrived yet. Also I haven't quite got the spacer properly calibrated on the coma corrector so I had to crop out some of the rugby ball stars near the corners (adjustable spacer ordered!).

On 7/9/2017 at 15:57, Mark62 said:

Been through?? I'm still going through and will be for a long time xxxxx

If, and I mean If, things go according to plan this coming Autumn/Winter, I may be promoting myself from 2 Star to 3 Star !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eric (2 Star) Moon image taken a few back

ERIC SSERENITATISXX.JPG

Excellent meeting and a few tough questions. 

Good turn out and chat in the pub. Hope everyone spotted the summer triangle on the way out.

See you all when darkness falls :wink:

18 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

EQ6-R or AZ-EQ6GT ??

The GT would be the choice in my opinion as it can be used both in eq mode and az mode as the name implies.

Also it has a much better altitude adjuster than those push pull bolts that skywatcher still insist in designing into their mounts. :undecided:

9 minutes ago, mapstar said:

The GT would be the choice in my opinion as it can be used both in eq mode and az mode as the name implies.

Also it has a much better altitude adjuster than those push pull bolts that skywatcher still insist in designing into their mounts. :undecided:

I must admit even though they have beefed them bolts up I do like the look of the altitude adjuster on the AZ mount 

Hi All

I have just returned from a 2 week road trip to Slovenia.

I was lucky enough to spend a night in a mountain hut at 2,000 ft above sea level, and me and my mate made a midnight expedition to Slovenia's highest lake, Krnsko Jezero, which was miles from the nearest civilization. As its quite a long way south (similar latiitude to northern Italy) the skies were dark and we were treated to some great views of the constellations you dont get to see so well from the UK, saggitarius, scrorpuis etc and Saturn  at a decent eleveation. the milky way was amazing, could see the dark bands near Cygnus. didnt have a decent camera with me, but it was one of those moments just to savior, rather than messing about with a camera. to add to the ambience, the sky was lit by flashes from a distant thunderstorm, and the whole scene was reflected in the lake, framed by mountain peaks. definatley a night to remember!

look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting, or a Persied meet up, if weather permits!

Welcome to the forum Big Beard!

Sounds great Ben glad you were so lucky as to see the sights shame no camera . 

I had a clear night last night in Suffolk. It's nice and dark here too with little PL. lovely milky way and southern Deep sky targets shame I only have my 70mm frack. I'm so going to have to bring the 200mm one year. 

Archived