mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cosmicbug said:

IMG_8132.thumb.JPG.5f3ed016f6ac608e7bf5db6429763b95.JPG

WADAS has a new member! 

Supplied by Gain's Astro Emporium haha!

We have a SKYWATCHER EQ5 mount with RA motor drive, dual weights and polarscope,  a Celestron C6R 6inch f8 achromatic refractor OTA with dual speed focuser, erect image prism diagonal plus extension tube and  a series 4000 Meade 26mm plossl. The instrument is quite large and looks impressive. Our original target scope was a SW 120 on an EQ3/2.

The finderscope is mine and not included so if anyone wants to donate a 9x50 finderscope with bracket for a standard SW shoe, that would be great.

The scope is ready to go but could do with a decent finder scope as mentioned above. In addition, we could add a decent 2inch mirror diagonal,  wideangle 2inch eyepiece and solar film for the front cap at some point in the future.

This little lot new would cost £950. We've paid £370 and it is in excellent condition.

Looking forward to seeing this scope at our forthcoming public outreach events and of course, the scope will be available for loan by members (subject to conditions).

looks impressive, well done Gain, great addition to wadas

eric 

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Excellent job Gain, and thank you for sourcing what looks like an excellent scope at an incredible price! Looking forward to using that at our next public outreach event. Thank you again :)

Thanks Vicky,

really excited for Wadas.. it's a lovely looking instrument and performs quite well too!

Need to sort a home for it though?

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Looks very nice G. It will get the public interested.

C6R I think old Nick on here uses one.

Brilliant 

It does look large and impressive. 

It should draw us a crowd at the Horbury show and the erecting prism means we can show the public terrestrial objects without the 'Why is is upside down?' Question.

images are crisp too!

ooh thats lovely. Never looked through a big frac before, so looking forward to having a peek through it.

If it needs a home on a temp basis, give me a shout as I'm not short of room to store it in my new house until the horbury show.

On 15/04/2017 at 18:15, cosmicbug said:

IMG_8132.thumb.JPG.5f3ed016f6ac608e7bf5db6429763b95.JPG

WADAS has a new member! 

Supplied by Gain's Astro Emporium haha!

We have a SKYWATCHER EQ5 mount with RA motor drive, dual weights and polarscope,  a Celestron C6R 6inch f8 achromatic refractor OTA with dual speed focuser, erect image prism diagonal plus extension tube and  a series 4000 Meade 26mm plossl. The instrument is quite large and looks impressive. Our original target scope was a SW 120 on an EQ3/2.

The finderscope is mine and not included so if anyone wants to donate a 9x50 finderscope with bracket for a standard SW shoe, that would be great.

The scope is ready to go but could do with a decent finder scope as mentioned above. In addition, we could add a decent 2inch mirror diagonal,  wideangle 2inch eyepiece and solar film for the front cap at some point in the future.

This little lot new would cost £950. We've paid £370 and it is in excellent condition.

Looking forward to seeing this scope at our forthcoming public outreach events and of course, the scope will be available for loan by members (subject to conditions).

Well done on the new addition to WADAS Gain. Looks like a great piece of kit, I got a new 9x50 finderscope with the last scope I bought. I'm not using it so will happily donate if suitable.IMG_1792.thumb.JPG.8882117b29561b8e85b7abd639227a1b.JPG

5 hours ago, Dec said:

Well done on the new addition to WADAS Gain. Looks like a great piece of kit, I got a new 9x50 finderscope with the last scope I bought. I'm not using it so will happily donate if suitable.IMG_1792.thumb.JPG.8882117b29561b8e85b7abd639227a1b.JPG

Thanks Dec, 

And an even larger thank you for the finderscope and bracket. Just perfect  in matching black....cheers matey

13 minutes ago, cosmicbug said:

Thanks Dec, 

And an even larger thank you for the finderscope and bracket. Just perfect  in matching black....cheers matey

No probs Gain. I'll bring it to our next meeting or can drop it off if you need it sooner.

Hi All,

Saw an unexpected clear sky last night so I got out in the garden to do a bit of experimenting with spacing for the coma corrector on my camera.

After lots of messing about, and with Gains recent presentation in mind, I took a handful of 5min subs near Coma Berenices (NGC4874 to be precise).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4rn50ywa7z5qt7/Galaxy Cluster.png?dl=0

Apologies for the quality of image (only a few uncalibrated subs and ive stretched it to death) but as Gain said the amount of galaxies in this small area of sky is simply mind boggling. It is like galaxy soup. Can't wait for some clear dark skies and longer subs of this region.

BTW Did anyone see the really bright meteor last night at about 10.05 near Capella heading towards Perseus. It was a beauty.

Dec

23 minutes ago, Dec said:

Hi All,

Saw an unexpected clear sky last night so I got out in the garden to do a bit of experimenting with spacing for the coma corrector on my camera.

After lots of messing about, and with Gains recent presentation in mind, I took a handful of 5min subs near Coma Berenices (NGC4874 to be precise).

Apologies for the quality of image (only a few uncalibrated subs and ive stretched it to death) but as Gain said the amount of galaxies in this small area of sky is simply mind boggling. It is like galaxy soup. Can't wait for some clear dark skies and longer subs of this region.

BTW Did anyone see the really bright meteor last night at about 10.05 near Capella heading towards Perseus. It was a beauty.

Dec

Nice capture lots of Galaxies and glad you saw a decent Meteor as well

eric

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Nice capture lots of Galaxies and glad you saw a decent Meteor as well

eric

Cheers Eric,

Hopefully get more and better quality subs next clear night.

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

Lovely job Dec. Yes there are loads of galaxies in your image. It dose make you think when you see an image like that 

Cheers Mark, yeah it certainly gets you thinking especially considering the distances/scales involved

Nice result Dec. It's is utterly amazing looking at deep field images and trying to count all those galaxies! Blows your mind trying to comprehend it sometimes. Nice to see you managing to get out and grab the little bit of clear sky we've had :)

8 hours ago, Dec said:

Hi All,

Dec

Nicely done Dec...that is fantastic work and glad to know someone was listening and to see someone imaging objects beyond our neighbourhood!  The Coma galaxy cluster is over 300million lightyears away. Well done Dec!

Don't forget 

14 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Nice result Dec. It's is utterly amazing looking at deep field images and trying to count all those galaxies! Blows your mind trying to comprehend it sometimes. Nice to see you managing to get out and grab the little bit of clear sky we've had :)

Thanks Vicky, it is mind blowing. Being a relative newbie to AP I'm still a bit in awe that equipment available to us now enables us to capture images like this.

12 hours ago, cosmicbug said:

Nicely done Dec...that is fantastic work and glad to know someone was listening and to see someone imaging objects beyond our neighbourhood!  The Coma galaxy cluster is over 300million lightyears away. Well done Dec!

Don't forget 

Cheers Gain. The deep field pics in your talk blew me away. I saw some at a presentation at kielder last year but thought they were out of reach of amateur equipment. Can't wait to get a proper imaging run at it and try other areas of the sky.

Then next step is to get my scale ruler out and try and work out the distances ?

Archived