Jump to content

 

1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

 

WADAS forum 3


mapstar
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was really disappointed with winscarr last night.

Not only were both my leisure batteries nearly dead so i couldn't do any AP, but the sky is really bright there, positively grey!!!

So everything in the dob was a bit washed out with light pollution.

Still got some good views of the galaxies and nebs around Ursa major and the usual suspects m44 etc. And i finally found the Eskimo neb!!!!!!!!

But then the ice descended and both my EPs froze up.

Unless it's for a public event or something, i probably won't go back there, not really much different to my garden and I'd rather spend an extra 30mins traveling to Sutton bank.

 

Still, was good to catch up with some people though!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

High hazy clouds blighted everywhere in britain last night so the light pollution was bounced around and scattered.

It was the same at the peak star party. I couldn't see the milkyway and haven't done so from winscar the last few nights I've  tried, making for washed out skies and  mushy views.

I don't think it is a fault of winscars location and will still try, when the milkyway does appear it can be good.

Just pollution at present affecting the transparency. Blame plane travel 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mapstar said:

High hazy clouds blighted everywhere in britain last night so the light pollution was bounced around and scattered.

It was the same at the peak star party. I couldn't see the milkyway and haven't done so from winscar the last few nights I've  tried, making for washed out skies and  mushy views.

I don't think it is a fault of winscars location and will still try, when the milkyway does appear it can be good.

Just pollution at present affecting the transparency. Blame plane travel 

Here at Kielder we have had two good nights . Last night was absolutely clear with no wind at all. Bet you wish you were here !!!!!   :hello2:  :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Star gazing live Australia on BBC2 and HD at 9pm tonight and tomorrow night.

A pity no one mentioned it on here as we've not all disappeared to face muck :wink:

 

 

Hi D. Don't know what wrong with us all at the moment. We haven't even gone to Facebook - just gone completely static recently. Think we all need to get ourselves back into things and get some life back into the thread and the club meetings. 

I watched Stargazing "Live" last night, and it seems to have lost something in my eyes. Can't put my finger on it. I am also missing the Back to Earth after show which was scrapped last year.

Come on astro- mojo! Where have you gone???

On a slightly different note, we've got Gain's talk next Thursday night. Are we going for a curry afterwards? :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hi D. Don't know what wrong with us all at the moment. We haven't even gone to Facebook - just gone completely static recently. Think we all need to get ourselves back into things and get some life back into the thread and the club meetings. 

I watched Stargazing "Live" last night, and it seems to have lost something in my eyes. Can't put my finger on it. I am also missing the Back to Earth after show which was scrapped last year.

Come on astro- mojo! Where have you gone???

On a slightly different note, we've got Gain's talk next Thursday night. Are we going for a curry afterwards? :)

The weather hasn't been good but myself and Neil flew the flag at the Peak Star Party for WADAS although I was busy catching up with the Mob and generally trying to grab views on my own scope the very first night :eek:

Neil got a nice shot of Orion and I can't be sure but I think he enjoyed meeting some fellow astronomers from around the country. :headbang:

P.s. Also updated the scope build in the DIY section with a couple of new additions :grin:

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

The weather hasn't been good but myself and Neil flew the flag at the Peak Star Party for WADAS although I was busy catching up with the Mob and generally trying to grab views on my own scope the very first night :eek:

Neil got a nice shot of Orion and I can't be sure but I think he enjoyed meeting some fellow astronomers from around the country. :headbang:

P.s. Also updated the scope build in the DIY section with a couple of new additions :grin:

Hi Damian

yes I really enjoyed meeting fellow astronomers especially the dob mob

constellation orion

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.