Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

Is anyone out tonight? Forecast is looking good 

I'm thinking of sutton bank or somewhere further afield Mark like Hawes area just to try somewhere different? Gonna get home for around half 2 and work out where after checking the forecasts again 

From the forecast ive seen Damian, id stay away from sutton bank tonight as there is some cloud coming in from the north over the north york moors, its patchy though, but further west over to Hawes looks clear, as does the rest of Gods own country.

Chris

Nice avatar change D! Lovely photo :)

Well, I've just finished work and it's pretty much clouded out over Wakefield. Hope you have clear skies up near Hawes D, and hope it's clear for anyone else heading out tonight. Think I'm going to stop in and finally finish taking my Christmas decorations down.

On an entirely different note, is anyone off for a beer after the AGM tomorrow night??? :)

17 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Eric! All my own work, even the dodgy processing LOL. Gain wasn't even on the scene. I'll take that compliment any day. Going to have another look at the processing over the next week and see if I can make some improvements, but I am thrilled with this image to say the least. Definitely my best yet :)

Well being retired leaves me a bit of time to do some research, even some sums ( i am useless at maths), I will now have a go with the Meade 3.3 FR on loan from Gain, focal length of 3.3 is 85 mm, so I need around 45mm spacing which includes the Infinity back focus of 12.5 mm, so I only need an extra 32 mm to get a ratio of F5, now you can see where I went wrong trying it at 105 mm which actually gives it a negative focus, idiot !!!,    

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Nice avatar change D! Lovely photo :)

Well, I've just finished work and it's pretty much clouded out over Wakefield. Hope you have clear skies up near Hawes D, and hope it's clear for anyone else heading out tonight. Think I'm going to stop in and finally finish taking my Christmas decorations down.

On an entirely different note, is anyone off for a beer after the AGM tomorrow night??? :)

I cant believe these clouds, so much for a clear night eh!!! Although clear skies are meant to be forecast for the rest of the night, we shall see.
I might have to give my apologies for tomorrow, ill let you know on that one though if I cant make it

Hi everyone! I need a cap for the end of a 2" barrel. Just a standard one like you'd put on the bottom of a 2" eyepiece. Either rubber or plastic. Does anyone have a spare one I can have before I buy one? Just like the one below?

I dont think ive got one Vicky sorry.

Chris

Hi everyone! I need a cap for the end of a 2" barrel. Just a standard one like you'd put on the bottom of a 2" eyepiece. Either rubber or plastic. Does anyone have a spare one I can have before I buy one? Just like the one below?

IMG_20170104_183413.jpg

will have a look Vicky

7 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

will have a look Vicky

Thanks Eric - it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just to cover the end of my 2" nosepiece to stop dust getting into the filter wheel.

No worries if not, they are probably easy to pick up.

I may have sold my old filter wheel and i had pinched one of its covers for my new filter wheel. Will have to put back on the other filter wheel again for selling it.

Archived