Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone who went to Winscar is having a good night. Things didn't go to plan for me so I resorted to setting up at home. The leaves on the neighbour's tree are out in force and so my view of Polaris is once again blocked, so polar aligning was purely guesswork. Then I couldn't find any of my planned targets. Finally got M57 on the chip and focused by 11.45pm, and guiding is going surprisingly well. Just having a nice coffee whilst a run of 10 x 300 second exposures does it's thing. Hoping the sky will stay clear to try a bit of narrowband on this target :)

Sorry about your plans no going right just got in from winscar the sky was clear with a little light cloud got up there about 8-30 mark was already there then came Ryan then Eric a little later lee came just before 10-00 then Adam arrived later my evolution was playing up so set the star adventure up and let the camera do its thing time for bed now catch you all later?

Hope you get some nice results Neil. Bet the others will be there for the long haul if the sky remains clear. My scope is still running with my CCD camera grabbing some h-alpha data on the ring nebula. I'm getting tired but don't want to quit whilst I'm getting data. 

10 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hope you get some nice results Neil. Bet the others will be there for the long haul if the sky remains clear. My scope is still running with my CCD camera grabbing some h-alpha data on the ring nebula. I'm getting tired but don't want to quit whilst I'm getting data. 

Over 5 hour clear sky last night at Winscar, not a cloud in sight until around 0200,

M57 Strange this as I was using the infinity OSC , and it came  on screen as B&W, last year it came on the screen as Colour !!!!!!, anyway, managed to get the central star so happy enough.

eric

ring nebxxxxxz.jpg

Super night last night, clear, warm and no midges yay. 

Really good company Neil,Eric, Lee, Adam and a big thanks to Ryan for the help with getting me guiding for the first time. 

100 minutes of data on the Eastern Veil Nebula looking forward to seeing what it looks like ( hope its worked). 

Hope the Elephant Nebula comes out Ryan after you collect the rest of the data. 

The Andromida looks promising Adam ( fingers crossed ). Thanks everyone for a great night under the stars.  

yeah great night, thanks guys, three hours viewing, I got a good haul (for me), a few regulars but a few new targets also, including hints of the western veil with the O-III (thanks for the tip Ryan)

I also took a few photos, but I don't know if they are properly in focus yet.

Super shots every one. Some really good images. 

You will be hard pushed to use a small frac and a DSLR on the star adventure @ Neil. It's not the mount that carnt take it more the ball head. It drops when you try to line it up on an object. 

You do have to work at getting the detail out after stacking Adam and you have done a good job if that's a stacked image ??

8 hours ago, rockystar said:

yeah great night, thanks guys, three hours viewing, I got a good haul (for me), a few regulars but a few new targets also, including hints of the western veil with the O-III (thanks for the tip Ryan)

I also took a few photos, but I don't know if they are properly in focus yet.

Hope you found a good route home Lee, well done for getting to us after all the problems with Woodhead Pass. 

6 hours ago, mapstar said:

Looks like I missed out on a good night. Glad you all got some astronomy done I may try to get out tonight if the weather is alright. 

You would have had some nice views last nght Damian

That's a great image Mark.

Was looking at 5 hours dark clear imaging last night from my back garden in Crigglestone - wasted 2 hours messing around with kit, making stupid errors but managed just under 3 hours on the Pelican Nebula 

IC 5070 Pelican Nebula LRGB

14 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Super image Jay. Glad you got you  setup sorted 

Thanks - it was a schoolboy error; spent an hour trying to get phd to guide without success before realising I hadn't enabled tracking on the mount!

After fighting with DSS for over over an hour, to eventually work out that it doesn't like the RAW files that my camera produces, they still didn't come out too well - I captured too much LP, which I've tried to edit out, with less than marginal success.

What I do like about this photo though, is how well it's split Mizar and Alcor :D

59a3e6581f96d_Plough2017_08_26Winscar-Edited.thumb.jpg.ff5284b59765c33f607eadd938b7660f.jpg

2 hours ago, rockystar said:

After fighting with DSS for over over an hour, to eventually work out that it doesn't like the RAW files that my camera produces, they still didn't come out too well - I captured too much LP, which I've tried to edit out, with less than marginal success.

What I do like about this photo though, is how well it's split Mizar and Alcor :D

59a3e6581f96d_Plough2017_08_26Winscar-Edited.thumb.jpg.ff5284b59765c33f607eadd938b7660f.jpg

Not too bad Lee still have to look at mine 

Archived