Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! Well, the 1.45am bed time is starting to hit me after a 9 hour shift at work. Just looking at my data from last night, and I'm really happy with what I got before my inverter went kaput!

Looking forward to seeing evryone elses results. It was a great night - really enjoyed it. You're not a bad lot really :)

Here are my images of Saturn and M101 The Pinwheel Galaxy

Really pleased with my Saturn to say it was so low and I was imaging at 500mm focal length. First time I'd viewed it this year too!

Saturn 15.08.2017.jpg

M101 15.08.2017.jpg

@Dec I've just been reading that there is a supernova still visible in the fireworks galaxy. Not sure if you were aware when you were imaging it last night. Just thought I'd let you know as it'd be interesting to see of you have bagged it on your image and if you could highlight it to us of you have :)

43 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Neil - it was a really enjoyable evening. Love getting out with the WADAS gang :)

Had a quick 1/2 hour last night in the garden with the camera pointed at Cassiopeia 

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

@Dec I've just been reading that there is a supernova still visible in the fireworks galaxy. Not sure if you were aware when you were imaging it last night. Just thought I'd let you know as it'd be interesting to see of you have bagged it on your image and if you could highlight it to us of you have :)

Hi Vicky great images of Saturn and M101. With all the issues you had with the inverter you did well to capture them.

I've checked the images and the supernovas visible... to be honest didn't even realise there was one in the fireworks galaxy until Ryan mentioned it.

I'll post the pics on here when I get a chance to stack them all.

13 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hi all, did a quick process of the data collected on Tuesday and have highlighted the supernova in the Fireworks galaxy. Didn't gather enough RGB data to stack or calibrate the colour so please excuse the quality/noise in the image.

Did a quick check on the interweb and its a type II-P supernova (a core collapse event) first observed on May 2014.

Fireworks LRGB SN.jpg

Fireworks LRGB SN_crop.jpg

2 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Super job Dec. It's come out really good considering you we're not happy with the data you had got. 

Cheers Mark, yeah stars were a bit egg shaped (probably flex in the scope/image train) and need a bit more data but looking forward to getting out again and giving it another go.

Cracking image there Jay. The veil nebula is always an interesting target and not an easy one to image and process to pull out the fine detail.

Fantastic job Dec. I believe that supernova was discovered on 14th May 2017, not May 2014.  You've done a brilliant job getting the detail out and focus is spot on. Look forward to seeing you add more data in the coming weeks. Result! :)

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Cracking image there Jay. The veil nebula is always an interesting target and not an easy one to image and process to pull out the fine detail.

Fantastic job Dec. I believe that supernova was discovered on 14th May 2017, not May 2014.  You've done a brilliant job getting the detail out and focus is spot on. Look forward to seeing you add more data in the coming weeks. Result! :)

Cheers Vicky, sorry I saw May 14 and assumed it was 2014. 

4 hours ago, Mark62 said:

IC1340 part of the Veil Nebula. Canon 80d UHC filter, Altair 70mm ed and EQ5 pro. 

10 subs @ 120sec 4 darks. 

Not bad for 20 minutes of data. I was really surprised I got any data just aske Vicky. 

IMG_1295.jpg

4 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Dumbell Nebula, Ring Nebula and M13 all from the same night 

35789772124_f2bac48777_o.jpg

35815577433_64bdd8d25f_o.jpg

36455732092_284e1c358d_o.jpg

They've come out really well Mark. Can't believe you got so much detail on the veil with 2min subs. Great work.

Archived