Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Hope you had a good holiday Damian. 

Iv seen him looking at it through his dob Chris and there was no Spica or Virgo ?

Yeah was great really enjoyed it. Wish I could get a scope down there as the skies were clear every night 

20 hours ago, Bengrant76 said:

Thanks for the kind words Vicky, and nice pic yourself, my attempts were thwarted by cloud, although i took the opportunity to get all arty!!

Cloudmoon.jpg

Love the colors and Jupiter can clearly be seen. Nice result :)

Hi Folks,

Had my first foray into narrowband imaging last night. Set up at home and took 18 x 600s subs of the crescent nebulae with my Ha filter and stacked them with some darks, flats and bias frames. Still struggling a bit getting rid of coma etc but its work in progress. Quite pleased with the detail (looks eerily like a brain!) No processing apart form a histogram stretch. Will attempt to add a bit of colour when the DLB leaves us at the end of the month.

C27 - Ha.png

Just a reminder that our next WADAS meeting is next Thursday 18th May 2017 where we have guest speaker Robert Ince giving hs talk Turning Astrophotos into Science.

This promises to be a very interesting evening and is the first time Robert has given a talk to us as a society.

Meeting starts at 7.30pm at Horbury Academy.

Everyone welcome.

There will be a £3.00 charge for non-members and £1 charge for members.

Robert Ince Flyer.jpg

12 hours ago, cosmicbug said:

Great image Dec. Well done!

btw what equipment and camera did you use?

Thanks Gain. I used an Atik 383L and Atik EFW with ha filter with a 10" SW Quattro on an neq6 mount. I guide using a small Orion SSAG mini guider and scope but have just bought a slim oag so going to give that a go.

Ive been using a trial version of CCD inspector to try and improve the flatness of the images but still struggling/experimenting with spacers etc.

I use apt as the capture software and phd2 to guide.

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

What a belter Dec! Love it. I'll have to look up where this object is and see if it's doable from my garden. I have been looking for a narrowband target to have a go at.

Nice lunar images Mark - love the composition :)

Thanks Vicky, it's low in the NE very near Deneb.

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

Lovely shot Dec nice and crisp. 

Thanks Vicky it just presented its self I did not have to look for it. 

Thanks Mark. Great lunar images. The colours and definition are great.

7 minutes ago, gtis said:

And you got me wondering where that fitted on the dob

Just a favour for someone. If I'd got turning facilities it would've been done differently and quicker. Will be rectifying that soon though I hope with the purchase of a lathe :wink:

Just now, gtis said:

I always fancied a lathe but cheap Chinese ones a crap

and the Milford ones are so dear second hand

Yes they are. You mean Myford I'm guessing and yes they are dear  but also a bit too small for what I want.

Archived