SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Soupy said:
3 hours ago, UKJay1971 said:

Morning - I hope you don't mind me intruding. I'm new to the forum and live in Wakefield (beside Betty Eastwood park). I was wondering if I could come along to the WADAS and see about joining if there is any room?

Hi jay and welcome to the WADAS forum. 

You can come down to any of our meetings you are most welcome. 

Our next meeting is on the 5th of January and is our AGM which I'm sure would not be the most interesting one for you to attend. 

You might be better keeping an eye on the website and coming to the one after unless you really want to be come a member and have a say at the AGM 

Mark

3 hours ago, UKJay1971 said:

Morning - I hope you don't mind me intruding. I'm new to the forum and live in Wakefield (beside Betty Eastwood park). I was wondering if I could come along to the WADAS and see about joining if there is any room?

Weclome Jay :thumbsup:

As Mark says keep an eye on here and the website for meeting details.

We also have observing sessions cloud permitting

Damian :grin:

8 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Weclome Jay :thumbsup:

As Mark says keep an eye on here and the website for meeting details.

We also have observing sessions cloud permitting

Damian :grin:

Lol your so funny Damian! Cloud permitting  :clouds1: :BangHead: it's doing my head in 

50 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

It would be nice but cloud is forecast from 9:00 

Looks to have cleared a lot here now. I've just put the main scope sections out on the patio to cool. Orion is rising in the east and looking good 

First light for my Atik 314L monochrome CCD camera last night
A couple of images using this camera with my Skywatcher Equinox 80 ED refractor
Imaged through haze and high clouds, so I'm happy with the results
First image is NCG 869 & NGC 884 The Double Cluster
5 x 60 second exposures with the L filter
Second image is M1 The Crab Nebula
3 x 600 seconds H-alpha and 3 x 600 seconds OIII
I'm off the starting blocks with narrowband imaging - just got to learn how to process the images now :)

Double Cluster 17.12.2016.jpg

M1 The Crab Nebula 17.12.2016.jpg

3 hours ago, mapstar said:

Well done Vic on breaking in the new camera. Looks like you're getting to grips with it quickly 

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

Lovely Vicky really good results considering the conditions 

Thanks guys. Yes, it wasn't the best if conditions. I couldn't even see the stars naked eye it was that bad but I really needed to make sure everything was ok with the "new" camera with it being so old, and myself being the 3rd owner that I'm aware of!

It's a lovely camera - similar to use to the 16IC-S, in fact I think they just put in a different chip and painted it a nice shiny red! I didn't even need to download different drivers, it just picked it up when I plugged it in the USB. Even APT found it without any hassle. However, I really noticed the difference in the FOV and general image quality as this is 1.4 MP as opposed to the 0.3 MP in the other camera. Well, now I know it's working I guess my 16IC-S will have to go. Another bit of kit for the classifieds :)

22 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Thanks Soupy! I still can't work out how to assign the Ha and OIII channels to RGB to give a colour image. Reading the books it looks so easy, but I just can't seem to do it. I'm hoping one of the gang will be able to help me at the HAPS meeting tomorrow. I'm sure it's a lot easier than I'm making it out to be LOL

22 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:
First light for my Atik 314L monochrome CCD camera last night
A couple of images using this camera with my Skywatcher Equinox 80 ED refractor
Imaged through haze and high clouds, so I'm happy with the results
First image is NCG 869 & NGC 884 The Double Cluster
5 x 60 second exposures with the L filter
Second image is M1 The Crab Nebula
3 x 600 seconds H-alpha and 3 x 600 seconds OIII
I'm off the starting blocks with narrowband imaging - just got to learn how to process the images now :)

Double Cluster 17.12.2016.jpg

M1 The Crab Nebula 17.12.2016.jpg

Great images Vicky , you are getting really good indeed

BBC has the forecast as clear all night Wednesday up at Winscar (dunford bridge). The DLB will be at 46% and was just wondering whether it would be worth trying to get a bit of scope time even if only until the moon does make it's presence felt (about 1 am). Astronomical darkness around 6pm so could get some nice targets  

Archived