Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 3

mapstar

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Yes they are. You mean Myford I'm guessing and yes they are dear  but also a bit too small for what I want.

Yes I meant myford,what are you wanting to turn crankshafts for the QE2?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, gtis said:

Yes I meant myford,what are you wanting to turn crankshafts for the QE2?

Just want something future proof. You can do a small job on a big lathe but can't do a big job on a small lathe! 

Looking for a Harrison M300 or Colchester student. Been looking for the last 3 months. 

20 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Just want something future proof. You can do a small job on a big lathe but can't do a big job on a small lathe! 

Looking for a Harrison M300 or Colchester student. Been looking for the last 3 months. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harrison-M300-/132183091807

Few on here not sure what you wanted to pay.

http://www.cjmachinery.co.uk/stock_sheets/lathes.htm

14 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Cheers Paul but I have seen more or less every one on the uk net up to now and looked everywhere.  

Lots of well worn over priced stuff out there with ebay a dumping ground for scrap lathes and other machinery. 

Very interesting and enjoyable society meeting with Robbie Ince tonight. A very feature packed talk.

Many thanks to all that attended and it was good to see everyone.

Social curry afterwards went down great with the usual laughs

Looking forward to our next meeting :thumbright:

5 hours ago, mapstar said:

Very interesting and enjoyable society meeting with Robbie Ince tonight. A very feature packed talk.

Was a great night Damian. The talk by Robbie was brilliant. Some very interesting ideas.

Is there any chance of getting details of the websites and software he mentioned. I'd be really interested in having a look at some of the stuff he discussed.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Was a great night Damian. The talk by Robbie was brilliant. Some very interesting ideas.

Is there any chance of getting details of the websites and software he mentioned. I'd be really interested in having a look at some of the stuff he discussed.

I think Robbie was going to email soupy with all the details so he can forward them to everyone in the group Dec 

17 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

I think Robbie was going to email soupy with all the details so he can forward them to everyone in the group Dec 

Cheers Mark. That would be great. Give me something to do when the weathers crap.

10 hours ago, mapstar said:

Yes a very interesting talk

look after that scope you borrowed ?

13 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Anyone fancy 2 0r 3 hour at Winscar tonight, looks ok for weather

eric

Sorry Eric I did not get a notification till 2:30am. I would have gone if I'd have seen it 

1 minute ago, Mark62 said:

Sorry Eric I did not get a notification till 2:30am. I would have gone if I'd have seen it 

I've not received a notification either Mark? Strange?

I did get out for an hour last night just to test out the views from the society scope. The glow on the western horizon did not fade until 11pm another month and we shall have the longest day and be heading the other direction.

Jupiter gave pleasing views being high in the sky using the supplied 26mm meade super plossl.

Later on Saturn was a rather mushy look but I had popped the 4.7mm eyepiece in it. During fleeting moments I could jusg pick out the Cassini division. 

Hope to catch up soon with the rest of you and hopefully the notifications will come through if anyone wants to get out

Damian 

2 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Cheers Mark, I had a good 2hr in the back garden, despite getting the correct co-ordinates for the Johnson Comet I couldn't locate it on screen so moved on and had some reasonable images under the circumstances of IC4665, IC4756, M5, M12, M71, I also had M27 but strangely no colour on screen as I have captured some good colour images of this previous, investigation under way lol

IC4665XXdd.jpg

M5XXXdd.jpg

Glad some of you got out for some observing. Ive hardly done any this year, may as well sell my set up, only disted it off once i think since the new year!! ill have to try and get out tonight if i can

1 minute ago, Mark62 said:

I will try but no promises. What time are u thinking of ?

Hi Mark, I'll check with Eric but I'd say around 9-9.30. We'll have a bit of time to set up and have a coffee. Won't get properly dark until after 11.

25 minutes ago, Dec said:

Hi Mark, I'll check with Eric but I'd say around 9-9.30. We'll have a bit of time to set up and have a coffee. Won't get properly dark until after 11.

Ok if I get out I will see you there 

Archived