Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar.thumb.jpg.ef4882eb5fb3610f8a68e5e6913de0e3.jpg

mapstar

WADAS forum 3

mapstar    5,529

A continuation of our local discussion. Please feel free to contribute and welcome to all.

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

Vicky050373    2,666

Great images again Eric! You've got some lovely detail in there.

Well, the sky is bad again, although with the full moon we wouldn't get much astronomy done I suppose. You know it's been bad skies when there are no posts on the WADAS forum for 24 hours LOL :)

mapstar    5,529

Yeah agree Vicky nice images Eric.

Poor weather again this year has again blighted us. I've a couple of weeks off from Saturday and if there's a clear night I'll be out :wink:

• Like 3

Vicky050373    2,666

Fingers crossed we'll get something soon D. I'm only off work for the bank holidays, so it'll be a nice long 4 day weekend. Any clear nights and I'll be out (unless it's Christmas Day evening), which knowing our luck will be the only clear evening haha

rockystar    1,246

It's not looking good for the next week. I saw the new year in at the telescope last year - probably end up doing the same again this year, if the weather gets any better than it currently is

• Like 1

Vicky050373    2,666

Lovely photos D. I do love the Isle of Skye!

I'm just out with the little frac doing some very hazy lunar viewing and imaging. Avert your eyes Mr Noble ;)

IMG_20161214_213150.jpg

• Like 2

MattGoo    420

Nice work D, some quality machining skills.

The weather forecast for the week ahead is pretty much all cloud, so I decided that it therefore wouldn't make any difference if I bought some new equipment. I took a trip to Green Witch this lunchtime, I've attached a small clue & might bring it along tonight for everyone else to have a look at.

Looking forward to the quiz as well!

Equipment.jpg

• Like 1

Vicky050373    2,666

@MattGoo it's a QHY product, so I'm guessing at the PoleMaster. Am I right???

Looking forward to the meeting tonight. Anyone going for a pint afterwards? :)

Edited by Vicky050373

Vicky050373    2,666

@MattGoo I think I know what it is! Something you mentioned the other week, but not the PoleMaster. Is it the mini guidescope kit??? I looked at that but decided I didn't need it with having a small guidescope already. Think I'm definitely right this time :)

Soupy    2,050

Aye I agree a new QHY mini guide scope. 

Been doing questions all day for the quiz, I'm hoping they are not too taxing! ;) 

• Like 2

Mark62    1,424
5 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Been doing questions all day for the quiz, I'm hoping they are not too taxing! ;) 

I'm sure they will be 

Vicky050373    2,666
6 minutes ago, Soupy said:

I've got my daft head on today, so I'll probably find the easiest of questions taxing haha :)

MattGoo    420

Yes, that's the first correct answer for today, a QHY Mini Guidescope. It's significantly lighter than the ST80 and simply mounts into a standard finder-shoe fitting.

In related news, a ST80 will soon be listed on AB&S :)

Vicky050373    2,666
2 minutes ago, MattGoo said:

Yes, that's the first correct answer for today, a QHY Mini Guidescope. It's significantly lighter than the ST80 and simply mounts into a standard finder-shoe fitting.

In related news, a ST80 will soon be listed on AB&S :)

Yay! Me and Soupy were right. It'll be so much better than the ST80. Won't have as much flexure and should give you better results. Would like to have a look at it if you bring it tonight. Once you've had chance to test it out you'll have to give your verdict. Might end up selling the 50mm guidescope to buy one of those instead, and I've got a buyer for my guidescope if I decide to go down that route. Might be better on the Equinox 80 as it'll be be lighter than the 50mm guidescope :)