Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from deepest, darkest...er cloudy east devon

arthursmedley

Joined this forum after a recommendation from the nice guys at London Camera Exchange in Exeter where I got my lovely new 8" Skywatcher dob. Wow, after a year peering through an ETX70 at bits of suspicious fuzz this is an astonishing scope to me. Even the kids were impressed.

Will be looking for advice on filters and eyepieces-especially for planetary stuff. I have a nice dark sweep of the northern, eastern and southern skies from my back garden and Saturn and Orion are beckoning. Go away clouds!

welcome aboard Arthur

yes I agree its quite a leap from a very good but little scope as is the etx 70 (still have one here) to an 8" light bucket is the generic term I have no doubts you will have eons of viewing pleasure with it

ps you've chosen the right forum here the members are the best I know and I go on a few here and abroad

regards

Archived