SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The inaugural StuPOD, winner announced!

Stu

Here's a serious entry. 130mm reflector, 8mm Hyperion EP, 2.5x Revelation Barlow, iPhone 6s handheld with no adapter or anything fancy like that. Sharpened, noise reduction and contrast/shadows/highlights in PS Express on said iPhone. Quite pleased with these.

The thing to do is set it recording 4k video at 30fps, find your position and try to hold it as long as possible to get some good frames. Then scrub through the video looking for the best frame, take a screenshot of that and process the screenshot in PS Express. I might upload to the lappy and try to process the vids in AS!2 for giggles.

IMG_3450.JPGIMG_3449.JPG

Edited by johnfosteruk
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Sorry John but you'll have to be disqualified as the rules say only processing allowed is on the phone, nice pic's though :grin:

Dave

Why you dirty rat trying to get me disqualified :). Any expert in the field of smartphone imaging will tell you PS Express is a Phone app. You clearly don't belong in this field :tongue:

Edited by johnfosteruk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Why you dirty rat trying to get me disqualified :). Any expert in the field of smartphone imaging will tell you PS Express is a Phone app. You clearly don't belong in this field :tongue:

Sorry John, I can't imagine trying to process on a phone, you deserve a prize just for that, it drives me bonkers just trying to post on here with it :grin:

Dave

Edited by Davey-T

7 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Sorry John, I can't imagine trying to process on a phone, you deserve a prize just for that, it drives me bonkers just trying to post on here with it :grin:

Dave

I regularly process on my phone Dave, it a piece of cake, even with my sausage fingers! Having an iPhone 6 Plus helps!

John, thank you for your entry. We have had a little lean spell recently, but I have no question in announcing you as the winner of StuPOD for the day! Congratulations, excellent shots, and exactly what StuPOD should be about :) 

EDIT I've not tried the video technique myself, will have to give that a try!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I regularly process on my phone Dave, it a piece of cake, even with my sausage fingers! Having an iPhone 6 Plus helps!

John, thank you for your entry. We have had a little lean spell recently, but I have no question in announcing you as the winner of StuPOD for the day! Congratulations, excellent shots, and exactly what StuPOD should be about :) 

Thank you Stu and give it a try it takes a bit longer but it's less hit and miss. 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

It's probably because you're so much younger than me Stu :grin: I've got the same phone and have trouble navigating Sky Safari and scrolling up and down phone numbers usually results in calling the wrong person.

Dave

My latest masterpiece!

Taken tonight using an iPhone 6 Plus, mounted on a Manfrotto mini tripod using bits from a smartphone scope mount, works very well.

Using LongExpo Pro which seemed to work better than ProCam 4 in terms of using a 2 second exposure combined with a sensitive/low light mode seemed to help. Processed with PS Express.

Get your entries in for the next exciting StuPOD award :)

IMG_8804.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/01/2017 at 23:25, johnfosteruk said:

Hot on the heals of yesterday's success I give you.... Venus.. 

I'm particularly fond of the green hue. 

IMG_3563.JPG

Captured the Green Flash on Venus begad. That's way beyond the Call of Dirty .
You're just showing off, I call for sanctions against this man.

• Like 2

On 03/01/2017 at 13:33, Stu said:

Posted elsewhere, but here is my latest, potentially winning entry ;)

iPhone 6 Plus with Tak FC-100, Nikon 16mm Ortho and x2.5 PM, Zeiss prism. ProCam 4 for capture and PS Express for processing.

IMG_8531.JPG

Surely iphone 6 is a bit techy/tecky. :D

55 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I've never been sanctioned before and I don't propose to start now. Can't help being a master imager can I!

Drat, I meant sectioned,  not sanctioned. However,  as you claim the rank of Master Imager,  you are immune from the latter,  but take note,  you are being scrutinised.     Now,  I must get back to Film four,  I'm watching Prometheus,  and it is good. 

3 minutes ago, barkis said:

Drat, I meant sectioned,  not sanctioned. However,  as you claim the rank of Master Imager,  you are immune from the latter,  but take note,  you are being scrutinised.     Now,  I must get back to Film four,  I'm watching Prometheus,  and it is good. 

Oh dear, I'm not sure either is good frankly, although I think the former should have happened years ago. I'm making claims that I don't think I'll be able to support quite frankly :) so scrutinise away my friend.

Enjoy Prometheus, it is good.

Edited by johnfosteruk

4 minutes ago, barkis said:

Blimey,  you must be as old as me :eek::icon_biggrin:

Not quite, I was a bit late for Eagle; I was Buster and Beano (never Dandy) followed by 2000AD and Starlord.

Best Alien ever, Galaxus, the thing from outer space:

0930-galaxus.jpg

Edited by Stub Mandrel