Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The inaugural StuPOD, winner announced!

Stu

20 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Thank you so much Alan, that really means a lot. If you're looking to replicate the OTJ palette (as I'm sure you and many others are) it's done with the Harris filter in PS Express

I think that was the OJ pallette. He had an ill-fitting glove stretched over the phone...

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 00:10, johnfosteruk said:

I give you a masterpiece, one of the finest examples of the form you will see this side of Christmas. M42 captured on iPhone through the f10 frac and a 25mm EP. 

Note that in spite of heavy light pollution this is still an APOD quality image  

In light of this I'm now going to stop saving for a premium mount it's clearly just not necessary. 

IMG_3106.JPG

This is a very interesting image, it gives the impression of being taken in the pouring rain through a window pane with intense ligt pollution

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

This is a very interesting image, it gives the impression of being taken in the pouring rain through a window pane with intense ligt pollution

Jules, flattery will not endear you to the judge ;) 

• Like 1

I actually took some time to process Tony's image and feel it has drawn out some of the more delicate nebulosity whilst avoiding over exposing the core.......

....for anyone interested this is called 'Stu's actions' and is a useful technique.

IMG_8378.JPG

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I actually took some time to process Tony's image and feel it has drawn out some of the more delicate nebulosity whilst avoiding over exposing the core.......

....for anyone interested this is called 'Stu's actions' and is a useful technique.

IMG_8378.JPG

Not dissimilar to my entry. I see what you're doing Stu with you being the judge and all. ?

Edited by johnfosteruk
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Helen said:

Venus cradled by a tree (I HATE THAT TREE!!)

IMG_20170102_165903.jpg

Nexus 5 (rested) on a mesu mount -_- 

Helen

A very nice image Helen but potentially disqualified because you were using a Mesu ;) 

Posted elsewhere, but here is my latest, potentially winning entry ;)

iPhone 6 Plus with Tak FC-100, Nikon 16mm Ortho and x2.5 PM, Zeiss prism. ProCam 4 for capture and PS Express for processing.

IMG_8531.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Here's my entry, the Moon and Venus taken with a 135mm lens and Ha filter.

31957020441_59398db956_b.jpg

For added StuPoddity, I also used a Bahtinov mask

Thats left- right flipped too!

4 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Here's my entry, the Moon and Venus taken with a 135mm lens and Ha filter.

31957020441_59398db956_b.jpg

For added StuPoddity, I also used a Bahtinov mask

Well done, you've made Venus look like a miniature Saturn.

Well here is my entry's for when we do this again,

1st i think i caught a very rare and on occasion event of capturing the sun in the night sky, "i know weird right" that the moon eclipsed it.

DSC7618_EDITCROP.jpg

2nd I'm not sure but could "Possibly" be the sun about to be dwarfed by some crazy ship or even planet lol.

DSC7612_EDITCROP.jpg

Cheers Mark

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mark117h said:

Well here is my entry's for when we do this again,

1st i think i caught a very rare and on occasion event of capturing the sun in the night sky, "i know weird right" that the moon eclipsed it.

DSC7618_EDITCROP.jpg

Surely that is an epic shot of Venus! :grin:

• Like 2

Far too many posts here flouting the judge's rigorous rules if you ask me. :evil5: 'specially the one with the Mesu, completely out of order.

To quote our right (dis)honourable judge "The rules are clear, and stated in this thread. Smartphone images taken through a scope is the simplest I can make it."

Surely, disqualification should be considered, leaving the field clear for genuine masterpieces, taken through a scope, like mine.

And obviously by pointing out this flagrant disregard for the rules I've earned extra brownie points. :angel12:

Some may consider my post self serving and mean spirited.

I would agree completely

Edited by johnfosteruk
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Far too many posts here flouting the judge's rigorous rules if you ask me. :evil5: 'specially the one with the Mesu, completely out of order.

To quote our right (dis)honourable judge "The rules are clear, and stated in this thread. Smartphone images taken through a scope is the simplest I can make it."

Surely, disqualification should be considered, leaving the field clear for genuine masterpieces, taken through a scope, like mine.

And obviously by pointing out this flagrant disregard for the rules I've earned extra brownie points. :angel12:

Some may consider my post self serving and mean spirited.

I would agree completely

I admit it, the only involvement of a scope was as a balancing aid  :blush:     (but the Mesu wasn't actually moving :wacko: - that was the whole point :biggrin: )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helen said:

I admit it, the only involvement of a scope was as a balancing aid  :blush:     (but the Mesu wasn't actually moving :wacko: - that was the whole point :biggrin: )

I didn't realise there was a scope on the mount at the time. I might reconsider my opinion. As long as I win the next award. ?