Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The inaugural StuPOD, winner announced!

Stu

3 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

A worthy winner for sure. Terrific image. 

Better get my sol image in too.  This was taken through the eyepiece of my Lunt 35mm solar pride and joy with a hand held Sony Steady Shot pocket camera.  I think that camera satisfies the rules.  The second picture has been processed with Photoshop, but is only to demonstrate the before and after processing.  The red fuzzy thing is my entry.

DSC00935.JPG

DSC00923.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks guys. I also used PS express on my phone to process the carefully acquired data. I'd never heard of it but again thanks to this forum I've learnt more new stuff today. 

I use PS Express all the time to process mine, anything used on the phone is legit as far as this thread is concerned

By the way, I'm in generous mood today ;)

Tomorrow I shall publish two solar pics I took a while back, I think using my Quark at the time but it showed what was possible with patience!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

By the way, I'm in generous mood today ;)

Tomorrow I shall publish two solar pics I took a while back, I think using my Quark at the time but it showed what was possible with patience!!

You leave Patience out of this!

:glasses12::wub:

• Like 2

Just took this. Was enjoying some vis on the early evening moon after a nice afternoon imaging. Seeing excellent so I have the 1000mm frac with 8mm, polarizing filter and 2.5x Barlow on and the views down the terminator are lovely. 

I simply had to capture it and enter the stupod so here it is. Captured on iPhone 6s and processed in ps express  a bit of sharpening, cropped and converted to mono

IMG_4102.JPG.eaad5ecdf9ba48a76aa3e68ff953c13c.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

And one more. 

IMG_4113.JPG.25329a02c076fa7494b987c279dcaf2f.JPG

Well just to be different, I'm going to give it to this one from John. Really nice shot with, I believe craters Orontius, Nasiridden and Huggins looking very nice.

A very highly commended to tooth_dr for his solar shot. I know how tricky it is to catch proms, so well done to you sir!

• Like 2

Good morning all,

So, here are two images taken through a Quark a while back. I'm afraid I can't recall the magnification used but it was likely quite high as that's natural with a Quark. Probably taken through my Astrotech 106mm Triplet.

They were taken around 50 mins apart on 9th April 2015.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Good morning all,

So, here are two images taken through a Quark a while back. I'm afraid I can't recall the magnification used but it was likely quite high as that's natural with a Quark. Probably taken through my Astrotech 106mm Triplet.

They were taken around 50 mins apart on 9th April 2015.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Show off!!!!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stu said:

Well just to be different, I'm going to give it to this one from John. Really nice shot with, I believe craters Orontius, Nasiridden and Huggins looking very nice.

It's a fix I tell you... oh.... wait.... humble, honoured, etc etc. Years of work, wouldn't be where I am etc. :)

• Like 2

I posted these elsewhere in slightly different form, but thought they needed to be here too. Taken on Sunday and showing the very large active areas that were visible in white light.

Tak FC-100DC, Baader Coolwedge, Mark IV binoviewers, x1.7 GPC (I think!), AP Barcon and Zeiss 25mm Orthos. Baader Continuum filter used, image taken down one channel of the binoviewers obviously.

Process in PS Express, converted to mono then tint added to make them more sun like :) 

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

• Like 1

I think the Ref. is favouring the Home Team here. 
We need to go into a Huddle to discuss this blatant favouritism :D.
Anyway, since when colourful pictures of squashed Zits qualify as Astro. Pics.?
But, to be fair, he did state it wasn't fair.:icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, barkis said:

I think the Ref. is favouring the Home Team here. 
We need to go into a Huddle to discuss this blatant favouritism :D.
Anyway, since when colourful pictures of squashed Zits qualify as Astro. Pics.?
But, to be fair, he did state it wasn't fair.:icon_mrgreen:

Ron, I can only play the team that turns up ;) 

Come on chaps, we need some more winners on here! :):) 

• Like 1