Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hot on the heels of M27 - Lovely bubbly....

Tim

Another good candidate for getting the "oooooohs" from your astro-ignorant co-inhabitants, although not as bright as The Dumbell neb, is the Bubble Nebula in Cassiopeia.

I am not sure how this would perform with a non modified camera though, as there seems to be loads of Ha associated with this one?

Again, this photo is untouched apart from resizing to 25% and converting to Jpeg.

7517_large.jpeg

Good Old M31.

I am not especially impressed by the pics of this that come straight off the camera, but it always seems popular with guests for some reason.

This one of the core went down well, even though it has trailing stars in evidence. Again, untouched apart from resizing.

7518_large.jpeg

Usually would be about 180 secs @ iso1600, but last night was dark enough for 240@iso1600.

I am still working on a way to get full live colour viewing onto the screen, but for now the piccies will have to do!

ah. Just checked the files, these were at F6.3 so I could get away with longer exposures without trailing, so the bubble and M31 are 400secs each at iso800.

Cheers

TJ

Archived