Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

" what I call the Cali neb! "

simmo39

Thats because the fornia is missing!

Part 1.

When I saw that it was clear on Sunday night i did a panic set up. With no plan of action and my fingers frezing I had a quick look at the targets on this site and found that the California Neb look nice  (Very scientific I know ). With the target sorted, I slewed the scope and did a quick high ISO test. Had a quick look and saw some red and thought that was it, set my syn guider up ( I can here the sharp intake of breath from hear when I mention syn guider! lol ) and as temp was getting to cold for me I just let the camera go on and came inside to watch the box. After a couple of hours frost was forming so stopped the camera and dragged the kit back in. 

Part 2.

Monday night, thought I would have a look at my masterpiece! well boy had I got it wrong. Badly framed and only half a Neb! I didnt realise quite how big it was! anyhow to the crux of the matter.

21 x 6 mins at iso 800 taken with my 600D though my SW 130 pds. Still having problems controlling star size and colours but it is what it is.

cal3_filtered_zpsgtwyfh66.jpg

Hints and tips welcome.

1 minute ago, MARS1960 said:

Do you use PI? i just followed a dead simple method for doing exactly that.

Yep i do, I will have to look into it, the only thing I need though at the moment is some clear weather to get the other half! lol

Just now, simmo39 said:

Yep i do, I will have to look into it, the only thing I need though at the moment is some clear weather to get the other half! lol

Lol, tell me about, this week is looking miserable.

Here's what i just used on one of my old autosaves.

http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-reducing-star-sizes.html

Archived