Narrowband

NGC 7635 "Bubble Nebula" + companions in Ha

GordonH

Hi All

It turned out to be a nice clear night last night despite the weather forecast and apart from a couple of small clouds passing across the imaging area at 2.30am it was clear. After having difficulty getting an acurate polar alignment (some stupid burk left the illuminated reticule eyepiece switched on from last week and the battery was as flat as stale beer) I decided to have a go at the Bubble nebula as there is a lot going on in a widefield shot of this subject. The image is made up of 18x10 minutes unguided with a 13nm Ha filter

Equipment used was

TMB 115 f7 with field flattener

Starlight Xpress H36

FLI filter wheel

Paramount ME

I have enclosed the widefield with all the companions and a cropped closeup to show just the Bubble Nebula and M 52. I had to use the lowest quality setting in Photoshop to get the size down so better quality images can be seen on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

Thanks for looking

Best wishes and more clear skies

Gordon

:D

post-13589-133877344578_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877344586_thumb.jpg

Gordon,

Another good image. Douglas and I are working on this just now...we have the S[iI] and Ha data, with more or less the same FOV. 4x20mins for sulphur, and 2x20 for Ha (1 more required). One thing I noticed is that the bubble is incredibly faint in S[iI], I am intrigued to see how you get on. The is some S[iI] from the compression just next to the bubble, but thats more or less it.

Cant wait to see both our images finished.

Best Wishes and clear skies

Paul

Archived