SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Using a Moonlite Focuser & OAG combined

Hi,

I am considering going down the guiding route but have a number of questions.

I have been looking at the Celestron OAG: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/off-axis-guiders-oag/celestron-off-axis-guider-oag.html

along with the Celestron SCT OAG Adaptor: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/off-axis-guiders-oag/celestron_sct_oag_adaptor_93652.html

1. Would I still be able to use my f6.3 FR with this OAG?

I am also looking at getting a Moonlite Focuser, the FR type, which means that I could use my FR as normal infront of the focuser.

2. Would using both the Focuser & OAG be a problem?

3. Would the OAG connect to the back of the focuser or vice versa?

Thanks

I've just bought a Moonlite focuser from Rother Valley, fantastic deal only £244, that's without motor that I'll get at a later date but it's £50 cheaper than from Moonlite themselves & surprisingly far cheaper than my 1st port of call FLO, who only list the standard type for 2".

Really happy with the bargain and the help I received from Adam at RVO.

• 1 year later...

Hi 1CM69,

I have the same Moonlite crayford in my setup with a SC8 XLT and 6.3 FR inside the moonlite. Did you add an OAG finally to your setup ?

I'm trying to figure out how i can add an OAG in front of the Moonlite and respect the 105mm back focus from the 6.3 FR...

51 minutes ago, basskep said:

Hi 1CM69,

I have the same Moonlite crayford in my setup with a SC8 XLT and 6.3 FR inside the moonlite. Did you add an OAG finally to your setup ?

I'm trying to figure out how i can add an OAG in front of the Moonlite and respect the 105mm back focus from the 6.3 FR...

My memory is pretty bad these days & I cannot remember if I did get it all fitted. 

Move now got rid of the MoonLite & Celestron OAG and use SX OAG & SX Filter Wheel with a powered MicroFocuser. 

Sorry Ely I can’t help you out. 

Regards..,

• 1 year later...

Hey, I am considering adding CHL to my C8 EdgeHD at F10, ZWO OAG, filter wheel and ASI 1600. Does anyone know if the OG can focus? I know the 1600 can.

Thanks

Edited by Farzad_K