SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello

ManixZero

Hello all,

I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself.  I'm Steve.

Having lived all of my life in metropolis sized cities I have recently moved to the sticks.

The first clear night made me go wow!  (Not quite a Krikkit moment, but close!) 

I have always been interested in the moon, planets and stars but had never really seen more than a couple at a time!

So I am an absolute beginner!  I have taken photos of the moon using my DSLR + Telephoto and of some stars using a wide angle.

Naturally I now want to buy a telescope, but haven't taken the plunge just yet!  I have a small list and a smaller budget! (looking at 2nd hand and E-bay!)

Initially I am interested in viewing our neighbours and maybe getting a photo or two.

I work as an Engineer, and I have a strong interest in physics and the natural world (well, Life, the Universe and Everything!)

Until now my main passions have been music (listening, writing and performing) and photography! Hopefully I will be adding a 3rd.

Well that's me in a nutshell and I will apologise now, for bugging the hell out of you all with daft questions, when I can't get whatever I do buy, to work! 

Cheers

MZ

Mullard Scope and Stars-.jpg

Hi Steve and welcome to SGL - A good place to start would be to go along to a local astronomy club and chat to folks there.... you may even find a loved and cared for second hand scope within your budget as well as invaluable assistance in helping you set it up :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. No need to apologise regarding asking future questions as we all have done the same and still do. Just pop a question under the appropriate section and the responses will come quickly enough. Don't forget that there is the 'Search' facility in the top right hand corner of your screen if you want to access past questions and answers,

Clear skies for and look forward to seeing some more of your images!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived