Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
lune lupine

South Dublin / Wicklow Group Stargazing

My new telescope arrives on Monday and I'm keen to get going! Are there any folks in the Wicklow, South Dublin area who meet up regularly that I could tag along with and learn as I go!? 

Hi Graeme.

Heres a link to the south Dublin astronomy group i mentioned to you who meet/met in Rathmines. Not sure if they still exist, but John is the main guy to contact:

SDAS

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057217668

As i said, most members are also members of Astronomy Ireland, so your 1st point of contact would be AI to see if the group still meet.If not.........they will point you in the right direction.

Paul

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 1

Try this http://www.irishastrosoc.org/ they have out reaches on the Promenade beside Sandymount Martello Tower and over in Clontarf on the northside, just missed one on Fri 9th Dec but they will probably have another one in January also if you click on the Dublin Street Astronomers link they talk about having dark sites in the Wicklow mountains. 

• Like 1

Ive been to one of the sidewalk outreach nights along the promenade in Sandymount. Amazingly, although right beside a main road,right next to Dublin port.......the views are great looking out over Dublin bay.

Yes, unfortunately the street lights on the Strand Road and the lamps on the promenade aren't very good for the viewing quality, but they are a very helpful and friendly bunch of guys and girls .