Narrowband

Can't decide which EP brand to use.

joe1950

5 hours ago, joe1950 said:

Mak, you have struck the nail precisely on the head! That is a gorgeous collection. Often we have to part out some money to cure our ailments! :icon_biggrin:

You know, I like the black and green eyepiece color combination --- very soothing!

Thanks for the clarification, Mak. At least I know I'm not alone in my desire for uniformity. I'll have to check for a local chapter of AAA. Amateur Astronomers Anonymous! :smiley:  However, I believe the only cure is a complete, quality kit of EPs!

joe

And I do admit to a touch of OCD now an again.

The cure's definitely expensive lol. I have both 1.25" Panoptics. I also have a 10mm Delos and a 16mm Nagler. Getting the rest of the sets is going to be an arm and a leg! 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 hours ago, joe1950 said:

Mak, you have struck the nail precisely on the head! That is a gorgeous collection. Often we have to part out some money to cure our ailments! :icon_biggrin:

You know, I like the black and green eyepiece color combination --- very soothing!

Thanks for the clarification, Mak. At least I know I'm not alone in my desire for uniformity. I'll have to check for a local chapter of AAA. Amateur Astronomers Anonymous! :smiley:  However, I believe the only cure is a complete, quality kit of EPs!

joe

16 minutes ago, Mak the Night said:

The cure's definitely expensive lol. I have both 1.25" Panoptics. I also have a 10mm Delos and a 16mm Nagler. Getting the rest of the sets is going to be an arm and a leg! 

I think getting the rest of the sets is going to cost more than an arm and a leg. The way televues prices have gone up recently, expect to sell your kidney and liver too?

3 hours ago, Timebandit said:

I think getting the rest of the sets is going to cost more than an arm and a leg. The way televues prices have gone up recently, expect to sell your kidney and liver too?

Yeah, too right. I think I might sell my brain as well. It could be worth something, it's never been used and still in the wrapper lol.

19 hours ago, Mak the Night said:

Well, it improves it. I believe you can stack multiple eyeguard extenders. I'm OK with just the one although I don't hold my eye right against the rubber. I don't find 40mm Plossls any worse really for eye placement than 32mm. It just takes a bit of practice.

Thanks Mak, the floating exit pupil is one characteristic of some eyepieces I dislike. I do have a pair of 32mm TV plossls with the eye guard extenders and they work very well for me in the bino's. I might be looking for a 40mm HH eyepiece in the SW120ED with a small TFOV.

9 hours ago, jetstream said:

... the floating exit pupil is one characteristic of some eyepieces I dislike....

Me too. It's the main reason that I won't barlow medium to long focal length eyepieces as well - the eye relief rises beyond the eyecup.

My 9.7mm and 12.4mm Plossls take a 2x Barlow nicely. But I don't use it with anything longer. The TeleVue 2x Barlow is the best I've had. It doesn't do anything to the image but amplify it! A few bargain Barlows I've had seem to soften the image.

I'm slowly moving into the premium name brand equipment. I now have a TeleVue 2x Barlow, a Takahashi 1.25" right angle prism and I'm looking to purchase an Astro Physics baseball style cap with the AP logo on it!  Sells for about $15 USD. Be great if I could get Roland Christian to autograph it! :hello2:

I wonder if Carl Zeiss offers a key ring?  :icon_biggrin:

Archived