Narrowband

Batch conversion of FITS to TIFF files - which software to use?

Hi,

I've just started with LRGB imaging and am producing mountains of FITS image files that need processing in Photoshop. It would be easy if Photoshop would accept FITS, but it doesn't, it seems to want TIFF. I've managed to process my first complete LRGB image (HaRGB really) see attached M1 image, and had to convert all the calibrated FITS subs into TIFF one by one - a very tedious task.

Is there any software (preferably free or shareware) that I could use to batch-convert FITS files to TIFF?

My search of this forum didn't find any applicable posts and searches of the internet found may applications that will convert file by file but not as batches.

Any sage advice from experienced LRGB aficionados?

Kind regards,

Doug

M1 master (DGE).jpg

Hi Louise,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using SIPS, the software supplied with my Moravian Instruments CCD camera.

I use DSS for processing OSC subs from my DSLR but can you use it for LRGB stacking/combination?

I was trying to convert calibrated LRGB FITS subs produced by SIPS into TIFF so I could do the alignment and combination of the subs in Photoshop.

Do you use DSS for LRGB? If so, can you point me to information about the work-flow involved?

Archived