Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 - First Light

RichieJarvis

Thanks :D I've just flattened out the background as well...

This camera and setup is alot easier to use than my old LX200R. Guiding is easy, setup is easy with the EQMOD on the EQ6, imaging is alot easier with the SXV-H9 and guidehead. I just wish the :D hadn't rolled in :D

Oh - btw - does anyone know what would cause the red channel to be quite so, erm, bright? I know these cameras are supposed to be very red sensitive, but I did tweak down the red channel by 20% when combining. I'd really like to be able to get reasonably true colour stars - but alot of the dimmer ones seem very red - thoughts anyone?

Have a look now:

2008-08-02-m27-600sec-LRGB-PS-OverProcessed.png

Oh - btw - does anyone know what would cause the red channel to be quite so, erm, bright? I know these cameras are supposed to be very red sensitive, but I did tweak down the red channel by 20% when combining. I'd really like to be able to get reasonably true colour stars - but alot of the dimmer ones seem very red - thoughts anyone?

Hi Richie,

Don't worry - there are indeed a lot of dim red stars in that fov, it looks like you've captured them nicely.

John

Archived