SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pelican - Taking it to the next level (200pds)

Uranium235

Ohhhh yes it was a good sky last night! :)

Cold, crisp and very, very clear. Also, a chance to test a minor reverse-tweak of the primary mirror... I've removed some wedges I'd installed to stop it from shuffling about in its holder - which Id since found to have put a small amount of stress on the mirror (and give me dodgy stars). So, theyre gone and the mirror now has a litttle freedom of movement.

So back to the Pelican it was.... when I last did this it was "alright" but it could only stand up to one pass of high pass before noise crept in. This time however, with just over 8 hours of Ha luminance it not only took two passes - but did it without even a hint of noise. Its still noise free even when zoomed in at 200% :)

After that I went over to collect some data on a bogey target (M33), but that is still unprocessed as I have no calibration data yet.

Overall, Im now pretty pleased with how this one has turned out - and if you can find *any* noise in this, I will eat my socks!!!

8hr 15min (Ha Lum) + 130pds colour

200pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

31190994781_8fc2ee457a_k.jpg

Pixel peepers and corner freaks version here:

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5491/31190994781_00034df9d4_o.jpg

Archived