Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob mob Dark skyes

mapstar

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/11/2016 at 21:58, mapstar said:

The horse head wasn't too far away so the 13E and H beta revealed it without too much eye strain.

Fabulous report Damian.

This quote says it all for me! After all that has been written about attempts to see the Horsey, you cover it in three lines. Nothing to see here, move along now! The skies must have been amazing.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Fabulous report Damian.

This quote says it all for me! After all that has been written about attempts to see the Horsey, you cover it in three lines. Nothing to see here, move along now! The skies must have been amazing.

It does make it sound a bit trivial doesn't it :eek: but I can say hand on ethos dark skies make this easily achievable  (errrrr 22"20"20"18" have nothing to do with it :wink:

Knowing where it is helps, and I can place the cross hairs of the finder bang on it everytime it's burnt into the internal star chart. 

8 minutes ago, mapstar said:

It does make it sound a bit trivial doesn't it :eek: but I can say hand on ethos dark skies make this easily achievable  (errrrr 22"20"20"18" have nothing to do with it :wink:

Knowing where it is helps, and I can place the cross hairs of the finder bang on it everytime it's burnt into the internal star chart. 

So......how did it look? Nothing much, or fab under those skies?

Just now, Stu said:

So......how did it look? Nothing much, or fab under those skies?

Not quite like the hubble image :icon_biggrin: but the contrast between the inky black of the back ground and the nebulosity is vastly amplified. 

It is something more than just a visual treat it's a proper landmark moment for a visual astronomer. 

Fabulous Stu and I shall visit it again soon.

Just now, mapstar said:

Not quite like the hubble image :icon_biggrin: but the contrast between the inky black of the back ground and the nebulosity is vastly amplified. 

It is something more than just a visual treat it's a proper landmark moment for a visual astronomer. 

Fabulous Stu and I shall visit it again soon.

Sounds fabulous indeed Damian. It's one I really would like to see one day

Archived