Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

November Moon Phases - Well, 75% of them, this is English Weather I'm Working With!

ArmyAirForce

After a month of chasing the Moon, not always successfully, I have finished my Moon Phase chart for November.

Original fullsize, 6800 x 4337px, 2.7MB image here - http://www.sacarr.co.uk/astro/moon/2016_moon_phases.jpg

Across the month, I've missed a weeks worth of phases, mainly due to weather. Unfortunately after twelve consecutive days of capture, the weather again let me down for the last two tiny crescents which I'd hoped to catch at Moonrise. So I've managed twenty phases captured, plus of course the New Moon which is too close to the Sun to see. The phases I missed have been ghosted in behind the clouds with Stellarium screen grabs. My previous best was February 2015, when I caught seventeen phases, and thirteen consecutively.

moon_phases_nov.jpg

Archived