Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New addition to the 'frac family

It was my birthday yesterday (happy birthday to me! Hehe!), and when I returned back home at around 4pm yesterday after a trip up to Scarborough I scrolled through the ABS listings. I was going to hopefully early next year get a ST80ED DS-Pro from FLO to cure my refractoritis ailment, so after checking the refractor section yesterday I was very surprised and pleased to see a second hand one come up.

So I nipped down to see it today and check it out, and am now the proud owner of one to add to my family of 'fracs (thanks Rad! :) ). As per usual the clouds have rolled in to spoil play, but look forward to some great views with it. :)

Plan to use it mostly on my Star Discovery Goto mount, but will also try it out on my Skytee II with my other 'fracs too.

IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

1 hour ago, nightfisher said:

Nice, i have same frac and rather enjoy using it when the weather plays ball

Managed a quick look at Venus, Mars & M31 before the clouds closed down the views again tonight. Nice contrast through the new scope, so well pleased so far. :) 

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

lovely job mate, I wouldn't be without my little Eddy, I sometimes wonder why I need so many scopes as it performs so well, "but don't tell my other scopes that". well done.  charl.

Thanks Charl. :) Had some brief views with it, but hoping for some clearer skies later on fingers crossed. Very good views through it so far, although Venus was wobbly a lot been position right above a neighbors chimney so heat waves were well in view. 

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

are you going to do some imaging Gus ?, the eds  take wonderfull images of just about everything.  charl

Thinking about some EAA perhaps next year, so might stray into that territory a litttle, although I will most likely do visually work primarily Charl. 

2 hours ago, happy-kat said:

When you might stray next year (don't know what mounts you have) that star discovery mount is being used to image with on the no eq challenge thread. Sounds like a lovely setup together.

Currently have Skytee II mount and the Goto, but may also try to invest in an AZ EQ5 later on too to replace the Skytee II perhaps. However going to see what I can do on the Discovery Goto first. :) 

Archived