SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 Final version

steviemac500

So i think i solved the issue with my stars by increasing/decreasing the sigma values in the BPP in Pixinsight. Much happier with this version. Total around 16hrs of 300s. Roughly half and half L and RGB with 50 bias (now at the correct temperature), flats on each channel and darks. Hope you like it - comments and criticism welcomed as always.

Steve

http://astrob.in/273617/0/

M31 Final.jpg

Nice you got the star issue sorted. It turned out very well

As for black point. Since you used BPP in PI, I assume you did the rest of your processing in PI as well. So for the black point: in the HistogramTransform tool move the black slider to just before you start clipping any pixels. If you use the preview tool (circle at bottom left of almost any tool), you generally get a good impression when to stop

But as an alternative you could try doing a curve stretch, using an S-shaped curve. Select the L-icon in curvetransformation.

When you've come this far, you can start experimenting with increasing contrast and fine adjustments of dark, middle and bright areas; the real fun of processing.

Cheers,

Archived