Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45 Revisited (Star 71)

Uranium235

Friday night was pretty good in terms of clear sky, so I decided to pick up where I left off with M45 from last year by adding another three hours.

However, I think it has become obvious that I've possibly reached the limits of my location in terms of chasing the outer nebulosity/dust as the histogram jumped increasingly further to the right when I upped the exposure length. I think given the same length of time from a dark site I would have bagged it no problem, but when you live next to a hospital your options are limited (hence why I do NB most of the time!).

But, worth a try anyway! :)

7.5 hours (Lum)

Star71, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking!

30440151514_53959680ac_h.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Still a really good image though. Are you going to do this in colour?

Thanks Michael :)

Colour.... hmmm maybe - but that depends on the result of my driving test next week. If I pass I will be able to take the gear out a few miles into the sticks and use the DSLR to get some quality data - I wouldnt like to try capturing RGB on this one from my back yard with the DSLR... its fine when youre doing something big and bright like M31, but the outer dust on M45 will require a darker place altogether.

lol :D   Actually, it does need a bit of a service but Im just too lazy to send it off at the mo.

The outer dust is there, but its just a hard job making it clean - and I only think thats going to happen in a dark place.... it will certainly save me the trouble of trying to dig it out of the background LP.

2 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Thanks Michael :)

Colour.... hmmm maybe - but that depends on the result of my driving test next week. If I pass I will be able to take the gear out a few miles into the sticks and use the DSLR to get some quality data - I wouldnt like to try capturing RGB on this one from my back yard with the DSLR... its fine when youre doing something big and bright like M31, but the outer dust on M45 will require a darker place altogether.

Good luck with the driving test! I passed mine nearly 45 years ago, lol, but, sadly, don't own a car - otherwise I'd be taking my gear out of the flat! Just to be outside would be fantastic!

Louise

6 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice work - so no pressure on the driving test the (RGB is now mandatory :) ) hopefully all goes well and the DVLA allow you to finish the picture....

Paddy 

Ummm yeah... no pressure then! :D

Its not just the imaging, I will most likely be doing a hospital run in early January for the delivery of our 2nd chlid.... so I must pass this time (2nd attempt).

2 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Its not just the imaging, I will most likely be doing a hospital run in early January for the delivery of our 2nd chlid.... so I must pass this time (2nd attempt).

Wish you and yours well :) I'm due to become a great aunt in February-ish :)

Louise

3 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Congrats - not sure that helps with the pressure.  Just take it all calmly and do everything by the book.  Sure all will be OK.  If you can process an image use the same structured thinking to ensure you have all the elements locked down in your mind.  It's just processes and boundaries you are running through.

Paddy

Archived