SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Ever and Second Prime Sol 26-11-16

Fozzie

Evening All

Finally getting round to posting these, I've had a day navigating my way around PiPP and Registax, intermingled with entertaining a 2 year old.. Let me tell you, the two do NOT go together very well.. Still though, I had fun on both accounts.

Here's my first effort, Prime shot at ISO400 1/1600 with the 72mm ED and Wedge, shot through a slight mist that was burning off (just not quick enough) and also trying to get focus through a remote (smart phone app).. centred and cropped in PiPP 86 of 173 frame, stacked in Registax6 with wavelets randomly applied..

Wavelets jpeg tweek.JPG

I think I was just a bit off with the focus, but some faculae has come through and a hint of granulation..  Its just a bit soft I think.

This was attempt number two.. ISO200 1/1600 again with the 72mm ED and Wedge taken later in the afternoon, with the youngster in bed and the missus still out somewhere..  I was using the view finder on this as opposed to the live view.. similar processing 102 of 223 frames, again through PiPP and Registax with a bit more research (read copied from www) on wavelets..

Not as happy with this effort.. Still someway to go though with the focus! I'm really hoping the moon will be easier to focus on, higher contrast areas!

Final2jpeg.jpg

Would like to give a thanks to @xtreemchaos (Charl) and @johnfosteruk (another Fozzie) for their input, very valued in getting m this far.

Hope you approve of the efforts, there has been some fantastic examples posted to day!  All Pointers very welcome...

Ta

Fozzie

cracking firstlight Fozzie, that's 100% better than my first go, you caught some nice detail in the spot. the moon is easyer to focus on mate but it all boils down to conditions, seeing here wasn't very good today, hope we get some clear tomorrow id like to get some close ups of that AR.  well done and your welcome. thanks charl.

Much appreciated Charl, I'm hopeful of a another attempt tomorrow but not holding my breath.. Taking the wee lad out for a long walk.. wear him out before lunch as he's been stuck in most the day today ! 

Looking forward to giving the moon a go..

Ta

Fozzie

Nicely done sir.

Winter imaging Sol is always going to be challenging Fozzie so first light results like yours are definitely worthy of applause mate, the research and planning was worth it. For me (don't know if it's my eyes or my screen) but the 2nd effort is sharper. 

In Registax have you used the gamma curve and contrast/brightness sliders? Do so if you haven't already it can make a big difference to an image but it wants doing on a semi decent monitor (laptops need not apply)

I hope you get a chance at the moon soon mate (and me too actually) and enjoy the walk tomorrow.

J

50 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Nicely done sir.

Winter imaging Sol is always going to be challenging Fozzie so first light results like yours are definitely worthy of applause mate, the research and planning was worth it. For me (don't know if it's my eyes or my screen) but the 2nd effort is sharper. 

In Registax have you used the gamma curve and contrast/brightness sliders? Do so if you haven't already it can make a big difference to an image but it wants doing on a semi decent monitor (laptops need not apply)

I hope you get a chance at the moon soon mate (and me too actually) and enjoy the walk tomorrow.

J

Thanks John, steep learning curve with the processing but I did enjoy it.. I'll run some through RS aga in and have a go with the sliders.. 

Pete, Dave, many thanks, in fact many thanks to all for the kind comments..

ta

Fozzie

Archived