Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus area in Widefield - Ha

Gina

Been processing data I took back in the beginning of October with my ASI1600MM-Cool camera and Asahi Super Takumar 28mm f3.5 lens plus Astrodon 3nm Ha filter.  EQ8 mount - unguided.  This is the result of processing 100 120s light frames with gain of 500 and about -30C sensor temperature.

Captured in APT and pre-processed in PixInsight with the BPP script with matching calibration data.  Then saved in TIFF format and transferred to Photoshop for post processing using various astro processing tools plus curves etc.  This is almost full frame with just a little cropping to remove registration framing variations.  I will be processing associated OIII data shortly.

Cygnus WF 100 Ha 120s g500 -30C enhabced.png

Great stuff Gina, I really love this ultra widefield imaging. Fantastic to see the whole Veil and NAN in context with their surroundings. Actually I also like seeing the OIII in mono because it is quite similar to the views through a widefield frac with OIII filter.

Above all, I must say it's just wonderful to see you actually imaging with a setup which seems to be working very nicely :) 

Archived