Narrowband

Hello
I downloaded registar a while back im abit confused as to how to use it properly, I process my lrgb separately in photoshop then load all 4 files into registar then try to run them through the program
(im assuming this aligns them?) Am I then supposed to save them and go back to photoshop where they will be aligned? Im a bit unsure?

The way I use Registar is as follows:-

1. Calibrate and Stack the individual channels , L, R, G and B into four master files using my stacking software (DSS, MaxIm DL etc).

2. Load the masters into RegiStar and align the R, G and B channels to the Luminance channel then use the crop function set to 'Match' so that the aligned channels end up the same size as the L channel

3. Save the aligned R, G and B channels

4. Open the four channels (including the original L channel) in PhotoShop and make preliminary processing adjustments as usual

5. Assemble the R, G and B channels into an RGB image and process as usual

6. Process the L channel to produce the best mono image you can

7. Paste the processed L channel on top of the RGB image and set blend mode to Luminosity

8. Carry out any further processing required

1 hour ago, steppenwolf said:

The way I use Registar is as follows:-

1. Calibrate and Stack the individual channels , L, R, G and B into four master files using my stacking software (DSS, MaxIm DL etc).

2. Load the masters into RegiStar and align the R, G and B channels to the Luminance channel then use the crop function set to 'Match' so that the aligned channels end up the same size as the L channel

3. Save the aligned R, G and B channels

4. Open the four channels (including the original L channel) in PhotoShop and make preliminary processing adjustments as usual

5. Assemble the R, G and B channels into an RGB image and process as usual

6. Process the L channel to produce the best mono image you can

7. Paste the processed L channel on top of the RGB image and set blend mode to Luminosity

8. Carry out any further processing required

I pretty much do the same, but.............

I create a new folder and call it REG or somesuch, copy my master LRGB files into this folder. Then in Registar just open the Lum from that folder and set as the image below, registar will then register all the other files to the open(lum) file automatically, then just save out the registerd files.

Registar will also combine the RGB for you, go to Operations - Merge to RGB, a box with dropdown options for the files will appear, select the RGB files, hit the OK button and it spits out a merged file in less than a second!

test.jpg

Hello
I am experiencing difficulties getting registar to open my stacked tiff files, it will open individual subs but wont open the stacked processed file, i keep getting this error message. 

Unable to read TIFF file. Please ensure that the file has not been 
created using a proprietary compression scheme.

i just save the stacked file as a tiff as per normal. any Ideas?

21 hours ago, Astroblagger said:

File: C:\Users\Dunc\Desktop\registar test m45\lum\Autosave.tif

Unable to read TIFF file. Please ensure that the file has not been 
created using a proprietary compression scheme.

comes up with this?

The Autosave.tif is a 32 bit file, Registrar can't read it, you need to save as... 16 bit tif

Try opening the reluctant file in Photoshop and then use 'Save As' and save it as itself by agreeing to over write it. I have to do this because I stack in AstroArt whose tiffs are illegible to Registar.

If you want to do a batch job in Registar you need to make a file with only the files for aligning in it. You can then use Multiple Source and it will do the lot in one go.

Other things that can stop Registar from accepting a file are additional channels like star selections etc in Ps. This won't apply here but it's worth knowing. Just go to Channels in Ps to be sure you don't have any.

Martin, I didn't know Registar could merge colour. Thanks for that info.

Olly

PS One other quirk is that if it refuses to register an image because it is flipped you need to re-save the image with a new name or delete the information file created the first time next to the refused image.

Archived