SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Couple of pictures from a Newbie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was 12 600s exposures at 800iso with my 550d and I do not use darks as I use dithering. I also use startools for processing then finish off in gimp if needed. I will have another go at making it better but really need more data. Still learning the ropes and very much a beginner.

Only done two nights with this set up but sure it kinda goes pleas shoot me down if I am wrong:

phd2 connect to guidescope and mount

cartes du ciel connects to mount

apt connects to image camera and mount and connects to phd through phd2 server.

I use apt to set up my subs and after each sub finishes it sends the dithering info to the mount ( I think via phd2)

The small info box in the bottom of the apt screen also shows when the sub finished and dithering starts and stops.

I also use the hand controller to connect to the mount to the pc via a serial to usb connection and put the controller into pc mode.

I have just gone from a eq5 pro to the neq6 so it a bit of a learning curve at the moment.

Archived