Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

need a pic of space station for iss denier

msh1

Even on 'serious' discussion forums I've seen long-running threads started by conspiracy theorists and deniers.  It's almost as though they enjoy the attention. Wind up merchants is the phrase I believe. But also the rationalist contributors to said forums seem to enjoy the debate too.  But it's near on impossible to convince some people.  They don't want to be convinced and/or enjoy playing the maverick. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea. Tell him that at exactly ___oclock there will be a bright light going accross the sky. Tell him that's the ISS. By giving him an exact date and time it will rule out the possibility of a plane. You will have to find a time that it passes over you, though.

1 hour ago, Herzy said:

I have an idea. Tell him that at exactly ___oclock there will be a bright light going accross the sky. Tell him that's the ISS. By giving him an exact date and time it will rule out the possibility of a plane. You will have to find a time that it passes over you, though.

And a night when it's not cloudy, which seems to be rarer than how often it passes. 

On 11/22/2016 at 22:14, Mognet said:

Flat earthers and other conspiracy theorists will always refuse to believe the truth even when presented with all the evidence. They will say it's an NSA or CIA fake or conspiracy, and then go off to find websites and YouTube videos to back their opinions up. It's been described as trying to play Whack-A-Mole with them. It's just not worth the effort. I found that out when trying to deal with a 9/11 "truther" in my family.

These wouldn't be the same flat earthers that claim to have members all around the globe?

Can't change a Doubting Thomas' mind. Especially a flat Earther.

I can offer you this. I confirmed it was the ISS with Stellarium. (And I certainly know what an airliner looks like in my imaging.)

Archived