740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

need a pic of space station for iss denier

msh1

hi guys not sure if this is the right place to ask for this been having an lively arguement with a flat earther, anyhoo he was saying that there is no space station unless i can show him a picture of one ,now i know there are hundreds on the web , but if someone has taken an image of space station could i have it please so i can prove it to him ,i will credit it to you ,he says that if he can see one then he will believe it (strange how he wont believe pics on web says they are fake ) 

hope some one can help

mark

18 minutes ago, msh1 said:

hi guys not sure if this is the right place to ask for this been having an lively arguement with a flat earther, anyhoo he was saying that there is no space station unless i can show him a picture of one ,now i know there are hundreds on the web , but if someone has taken an image of space station could i have it please so i can prove it to him ,i will credit it to you ,he says that if he can see one then he will believe it (strange how he wont believe pics on web says they are fake ) 

hope some one can help

mark

Don't waste your time mate. some people don't want the truth. conspiracy bunk is far more appealing :(

• Like 3

You're on a hiding to nothing. Whatever evidence you showed someone who doesn't want to believe they will always find some other possible explanation. Even showing him ISS pass over in the sky could be dismissed as a plane with a bright light on it. 

9 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

You're on a hiding to nothing. Whatever evidence you showed someone who doesn't want to believe they will always find some other possible explanation. Even showing him ISS pass over in the sky could be dismissed as a plane with a bright light on it. 

Indeed, unless he was to manually track himself using a wide-field eyepiece in a dob.  I suspect he has decided already though, and wouldn't bother putting himself out to see evidence against his you tubing. 

9 minutes ago, jabeoo1 said:

Indeed, unless he was to manually track himself using a wide-field eyepiece in a dob.  I suspect he has decided already though, and wouldn't bother putting himself out to see evidence against his you tubing. 

Well. ..... "It's just some kind of drone" put up by NASA to persuade non-flat Earthers. ;)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, msh1 said:

well i tried he still says its fake so he can go jump hey ho 

Flat earthers and other conspiracy theorists will always refuse to believe the truth even when presented with all the evidence. They will say it's an NSA or CIA fake or conspiracy, and then go off to find websites and YouTube videos to back their opinions up. It's been described as trying to play Whack-A-Mole with them. It's just not worth the effort. I found that out when trying to deal with a 9/11 "truther" in my family.

Don't post. Don't post. Don't post. 

Why do I read these threads! It only makes me angry!

I've come across saner people in the looney bin.

If they want attention. Just ask!

The OP has the pacience of a saint.

Paul

On 26/11/2016 at 20:32, msh1 said:

oh i gave up with him started banging on about where are the stars there arnt any so its fake 

Maybe you know my mate, he has the exact same thoughts haha. it's a shame stupid people are allowed to watch YouTube, he sees something stupid then because there's a video about it, he believes it. I've shot him down and stumped him many a time with common sense and logic but alas, he still refuses to believe that the world is round, the earth spins, the sun and stars are really there and the moon is not inside this planet.

5 hours ago, geordie85 said:

Maybe you know my mate, he has the exact same thoughts haha. it's a shame stupid people are allowed to watch YouTube, he sees something stupid then because there's a video about it, he believes it. I've shot him down and stumped him many a time with common sense and logic but alas, he still refuses to believe that the world is round, the earth spins, the sun and stars are really there and the moon is not inside this planet.

shame the government  cant legislate for stupid  lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2016 at 20:32, msh1 said:

oh i gave up with him started banging on about where are the stars there arnt any so its fake 

there are stars there they have just forgotten to flick the switch on.....global warming you see is real so the goverments running the sky bulbs have agreed to try and save electricity and not have them on all the time.....this is why you cannot see stars during the day....have you never brought a plug timer from argos....why do you think they were invented..

• Like 1