SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

3 images from this year with Samyang 135mm F2

With the combination of dark skies, properly calibrated images and a fast objective lens I have been quite pleased with some of these faint targets I have gathered this year using the Samyang 135mm F2 and my full spectrum canon 550d loaded with a clip in astronomik uv/ir cut filter.

Integration times and process data listed on my Flickr page. C&C appreciated, hope you enjoy. 

31140444555_3e1b8b63fd_c.jpgOrion and Horsehead V.II by Wes Schwarz, on Flickr

29556572133_c8ab247ba1_c.jpgM45 " The Pleiades" Rough Process #Explored by Wes Schwarz, on Flickr

30727939825_6993a3f0f1_c.jpgWitch Head Nebula IC2118  process Version III by Wes Schwarz, on Flickr

The dust detail that you have captured on these is great...... The only thing I'd like to see different is the core on Orion not being blown and the Running man a little darker too. As it stands there's detail lost in there that would really make this very special indeed. 

11 hours ago, swag72 said:

The dust detail that you have captured on these is great...... The only thing I'd like to see different is the core on Orion not being blown and the Running man a little darker too. As it stands there's detail lost in there that would really make this very special indeed. 

Thanks, I agree I am going to add some Ha data to this and restore some core data. I tried to do it with the original subs but it was too far gone. 

9 hours ago, symesie04 said:

Very nice indeed. Im amazed you got the Witchhead so well and like the unusual FOV for M45.

Thanks I mistakenly framed m45 that way but it did turn out to be a different fov.  The witchead was captured under some nicely dark skies, I believe it was a mag 21.2 that night.  

7 hours ago, Calypsob said:

Thanks, I agree I am going to add some Ha data to this and restore some core data. I tried to do it with the original subs but it was too far gone. 

I don't think that the Ha will add colour to the blown area? It will be a shame if the core turns grey as often happens

On November 22, 2016 at 06:26, swag72 said:

I don't think that the Ha will add colour to the blown area? It will be a shame if the core turns grey as often happens

It will come out fine, I will be shooting more color for the core as well. Just bought a second 135mm f2 to increase data collection.

On 12/2/2016 at 11:41, bunnygod1 said:

Absolutely fabulous images. Love the widefield view of those objects. 

Thanks you, I really enjoy working at this FOV with fast optics.  No autoguiding or babysitting PHD, just a good drift alignment and run PEC.    

Archived