SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from a wet and miserable mansfield

been a bit of a lurker the past few days so thought it time to sign up and contribute:hello2:

had quite the interest in the skies for a long time but never took it further than heading out to spot some meteor showers and i once went out to find mars:icon_biggrin: i recently received a telescope from the girlfriend for our 10 year anniversary so time to learn a little more. it's only a "beginner" telescope but as long as i can get a refund for it i've got an upgrade in mind.

hopefully see you on the forums 

Morning and welcome front Newark on trent. I had a beginner scope (from Amazon), I'm hooked, it went back purely because I know in a year it'd be redundant due to upgrading. I'll upgrade straight away, well after I've saved up, and know for sure what direction to go. 

Clear skies :-) 

Welcome!  This is a great place for advice and encouragement.  Weather's all over the place, so grab the opportunities when you can.  I had a good session last night, but tonight's a non-starter.

You can do quite a lot with even a basic 'scope, but once you get the bug, you'll soon want something else.

Have fun!

Doug.

thanks all for the welcome :D

its not just an upgrade im after. the scope i received was appalling quality really. supposed to be brand new yet it had clearly been used before. it was already pre assembled, the boxes inside open, no instructions, broken red dot finder and loose screws on the mounting bracket on the scope:hmh:. if i had bought it second hand it wouldnt be bad but it should have been new. not sure on the policy on naming websites in this light so ill just say i wont be buying from there again.

eyeing up the Skywatcher Explorer 130 from FLO if i get this current one refunded (hopefully it should). for the time being im going to be heading to the garden with my binos and a map to stars familiarising myself a little more with the night sky

Archived