sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

These were taken 1 day before the Super Moon on the 13th November.

Taken with the ZWO ASI174MM, Celestron Nexstar 8i SCT, no diagonal, extension tube, Celestron UV/IR cut off filter.

Captured with Firecapture, stacked with Autostakkert 2, wavelets in Registax 6 and finished off in PaintDotNet.

I seem to have had a good night for a change and I'm quite happy with images 1,2 and 5.

Drizzle15_2016-11-12-1333_1-UV-5_g4_b3_ap1 Test5.png

Drizzle15_2016-11-12-1337_8-UV-7_pipp_g4_b3_ap1 PIPP Test.png

Drizzle15_2016-11-12-1336_2-UV-6_g4_b3_ap1 Test 6.png

Drizzle15_2016-11-12-1320_2-UV-1_g4_b3_ap1 Final.png

Drizzle15_2016-11-12-1324_5-UV-3_g4_b3_ap1 Test 4.png

• Like 2

Thank you Alan. The image/area you're talking about (Aristarchus and Herodotus craters with rilles) I've only managed to capture it once before by accident. I was glad I captured it again but my capture settings were slightly off.

There's always next time :)

Edited by Aussie Dave
crater names added

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Andonie
      Gear Used:
      - Nikon D3300
      - Celestron Astromaster 130EQ
      - T-ring + Barlow x2
      I will explain this as briefly as possible.
      Because I cannot photograph in direct focus with my telescope and camera, I have to use the x2. when there is a full moon, it does not enter the frame, it comes out around the edges, so I think I should make a mosaic.
      The problem is that I do not have a motorized mount, so anileation is critical.
      The problem with PIPP is that it does not correct the rotation of the moon, so it does not work for me.
      I aligned the photos in Photoshop, and exported them in tiff.
      I then moved them to Autostakkert! 3 and it stacked without any problem. Use 40% of the best frames.
      Finally, I use RegiStax6, and when using the waveletes, as seen in the image, it generates an incredibly loud noise. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, is it RegiStax, is it AS! 3 or is it Photoshop.

(Errors are clearly seen in the lower part of the product because I do not have a mount, but it has happened to me in other images and the same does not happen with the noise.)
      I do not understand and I am desperate as it is horrible not being able to photograph a full moon decently.
      I urgently need someone to help me. I put all the general details for you to understand, if you need to know more, please let me know. a greeting.
      (below demonstrative image)

• By luvalezim
      Hello.
      My name is Luiza, I am a student of Computer Engineering in São Paulo, Brazil and I would like to ask for your help.
      As yesterday was the super pink moon day, I, at about 22:50, decided to take several photos of the moon using my phone and my non-digital telescope. And, analyzing the photos now, I realized that in some of them there are certain objects that I can't say exactly what they are. Could you help me identify them, please? I am not sure if they are satellites, ISS, Hubble, etc ... and I am very intrigued by themphotos.rar.
      P.S: the objects are in the lower left corner of the images

• By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface with AstroDinsk
      23 April 2021 21:35
      Celestron Nexstar 6SE
      ZWO ASI astrocamera 462mc

• By Astrodinsk
      Moon panorama Date: 02/21/2021 Time: 20:12 +03.00 Height: 64 degrees In the constellation Taurus Lit: 69% Telescope: Sky-Watcher 150 / 750PDS Camera: ZWO ASI462MC Mount: Sky-Watcher Heq5 ProSynScan Panorama from 4 fragments Videos for 120 seconds Resolution: 1936x1096 Exposure time: 2ms Gain: 0 73FPS Added 250 frames from 8855 Software: Shooting in FireCapture Build: Autostackert 3.1.4 Wavelets and deconvolution: AstroSurface Panorama: Microsoft ICE Post-processing: Photoshop
    • By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface 16 April 2021 21:32 Celestron NexStar 6SE ZWO ASI 462mc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.