Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CT10 First Light(s)

mbalkham

Finally the clouds parted for a few moments and I managed to get some light into the new OTA. Dew problems limited the session (I feel another purchase coming on). Pretty happy with these single subs (with basic edits only). Looking forward to stacking and processing them.

Good to have resolved the back focus issues (with longer bolts) and get things up and running from a new location. 

20161118-IMG_9043-Edit-Edit.jpg

20161119-IMG_9100-Edit.jpg

12 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

That's starting to take shape very nicely.  Maybe a little guiding issue to sort but nice run out for the new OTA - Paddy

Yep PA wasn't perfect and which I struggled to guide out. I also don't think my balance was quite right. Seeing wasn't great plus I think there was some high cloud. Also I'm not convinced collimation is spot on yet (I have some new tools on order for that one!). Happy enough for first light but hope there's plenty more in the scope for me to get out!

5 hours ago, mbalkham said:

Yep PA wasn't perfect and which I struggled to guide out. I also don't think my balance was quite right. Seeing wasn't great plus I think there was some high cloud. Also I'm not convinced collimation is spot on yet (I have some new tools on order for that one!). Happy enough for first light but hope there's plenty more in the scope for me to get out!

Spoken like a true AP'er.  Always one more adjustment to make :) 

Archived