Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Pete Presland

12 pane mosaic 19.11.2016

A couple hours clear sky this morning. So an early session before the conifers/clouds stopped play :icon_biggrin:

12 pane mosaic with the usual set up, Lunt50,DMK21, stacked in A/S2 and stitched in ICE. I have grabbed a couple of close ups and the faint proms to process later.

2016.11.19 12 pane mosaic.png

• Like 5

great mosaic Pete, lovely detail mate, I didn't get any pics today, the seeing was horrible. well done.  charl.

• Like 1

Nice Pete.

I think 12 panes is just about right it gives good overlaps, no visible joints and great detail, that is why it is my usual configuration for my Lunt 60 or Quark.

Robin

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Nice image Pete, more action than in WL atm.

Hopefully there will be some nice large spot groups around the corner. Solar sessions are few and far between at this time of the year.  so at least we are not missing out on too much. 

2 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

Solar sessions are few and far between at this time of the year. 

Tell me about it, unless I travel or stand in the street blocking traffic I have about 20 mins of solar viewing opportunities per day for the next few months.

• Like 1

At the moment I get around 90 minutes from 8:00 when the sun is between the house and conifers. I do have a couple of countryside places where I go at weekend when this disappears, that is if there is some interesting features visible.