Which One?

You probably know 12" newtonian is BIG and heavy. First time I saw my scope in real life I told myself "What am I doing!" It was bigger than I expected. I had hard time fitting it to my Skoda Octavia wagon (closed tube). It was my first and learning curve with it was quite steep. Once I managed to learn the ropes everything was fine. You really must want to learn it. Shame if it starts to gather dust.

My point is: I would not sell your legos for 12" newtonian. Try to save the needed money. Ama astronomy can really be quite the pain. The moment you realize theres nothing but clouds for month can be REALLY frustrating and theres no aperture to counter this. There might even be time when you regret selling those loved Legos. Dont get me wrong, there will be clear skies and then everything will be good (well, learning curve aside). Stars will stay there. you have the time.

so...there was my 2 cents.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bagged everything up and evaluated it at about £1000. A bit less than I expected but it's still more than enough to get a skywatcher 300 and a couple of decent accessories. I am so so so excited.

Thanks for all the help!

Corkey

Archived