Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

FLO

Skywatcher Esprit 80 & 100

FLO    3,775

Unfortunately we have sold out of Skywatcher Esprit 80 telescopes and have been advised the next batch isn't due to arrive until January.

We have one delivery of Esprit 100 telescopes scheduled for early December. There will be enough in that delivery to clear our existing customer backorders and there might be one or two spare but I think it is best we say Esprit 80 and Esprit 100 telescopes are unavailable until Jan 2017. 

Sorry :sad2:

skywatcher_esprit_100_ED_triplet_2.jpg

FLO    3,775
1 hour ago, SteveNickolls said:

Thank you for removing any temptation. :icon_santa:

You're welcome... I think... :biggrin:

But seriously, this situation affects all UK retailers, not only FLO. We are all waiting on the January shipment. 

FLO    3,775
On 17/11/2016 at 14:37, FLO said:

We have one delivery of Esprit 100 telescopes scheduled for early December. There will be enough in that delivery to clear our existing customer backorders and there might be one or two spare but I think it is best we say Esprit 80 and Esprit 100 telescopes are unavailable until Jan 2017. 

We now have enough Esprit-100 telescopes to cover existing backorders but unfortunately there are none spare. The next delivery is due to arrive January. 

We have received emails from people saying other retailer's websites are showing Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 in stock. We are being asked why they have stock while we don't. It is possible a retailer has one on their shelf but it is highly unlikely. We suspect they are drop-shipping Esprit telescopes (asking Skywatcher's distributor to deliver direct to customers) and haven't noticed stock in the UK has dried up. There is no stock at Skywatcher's UK warehouse (other than this recent shipment of Esprit-100 to cover backorders) and there won't be until sometime in January. 

RayD    1,301
On 12/1/2016 at 13:25, FLO said:

We now have enough Esprit-100 telescopes to cover existing backorders

That's me :thumbright:

FLO    3,775
2 hours ago, RayD said:

That's not me :crybaby2:

Ray chose our optical bench test option when purchasing his Esprit-100. It tested very well optically but has a mechanical fault that prevents the focuser sitting on the optical axis. This is unusual and especially unfortunate because our next delivery of Esprit-100 is unlikely to arrive before January :blush: 

RayD    1,301

It's all good. Steve kindly took the time to call me and let me know, and when all's said and done that's what the testing is all about, so this just goes to show it was worth having done.  If none failed it would be a pointless excercise. Just my luck it happened to me mine lol.

Certainly no complaints from me as I would rather wait and have it right.

FLO    3,775

Unfortunately Skywatcher Esprit telescopes are still out of stock and unavailable but more are incoming, here are the current ETAs: 

Esprit-80: Unknown

Esprit-100: early Feb

Esprit-120: early Feb

Esprit-150: end Jan

This situation affects 'all' UK retailers (some competitor websites show Esprit telescopes 'in stock' but we highly doubt that). 

skywatcher_esprit_100_1%5B1%5D.jpg

RayD    1,301

Ah man, not Jan now then?

Not good :cry:

FLO    3,775
4 hours ago, RayD said:

Ah man, not Jan now then?

Not good :cry:

Unfortunately not. We were advised today the scheduled Jan delivery has slipped to early Feb. Really sorry :blush:

2 hours ago, Dave Lloyd said:

Ehhh?

Can we help, Dave? 

Steve 

FLO    3,775
On 04/01/2017 at 13:42, FLO said:

Unfortunately Skywatcher Esprit telescopes are still out of stock and unavailable but more are incoming, here are the current ETAs: 

Esprit-80: Unknown

Esprit-100: early Feb

Esprit-120: early Feb

Esprit-150: end Jan

This situation affects 'all' UK retailers (some competitor websites show Esprit telescopes 'in stock' but we highly doubt that). 

Unfortunately the Skywatcher Esprit supply situation continues to be grim, especially for the Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 :sad2:

Currently: 

Skywatcher Esprit-80  Unavailable but a small delivery is due late-March / early-April. 

Skywatcher Esprit-100  Unavailable but a small delivery is due late-March / early-April. 

Skywatcher Esprit-120  Low stock (another delivery expected May). 

Skywatcher Esprit-150  Very low stock (another delivery expected May). 

As before, some competitors are taking the "say-yes-and-worry-later" approach, claiming they have stock when in fact they do not. Which isn't helping... 

skywatcher_esprit_100_1%5B2%5D.jpg