SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Woolnut

Woolnut

Hi All,

Wanted to stop by here and say hello... :)

I have always been interested in astronomy and have thought about purchasing a telescope for a while; turns out my Grandparents ended up buying me one for my 21st Birthday which is awesome! I look forward to participating in this Forum and hopefully learn a lot along the way! FYI they got me a SkyWatcher 150p which seems to be a pretty good entry level telescope (i think...)

Woolnut

57 minutes ago, Floater said:

Welcome to the forum and the hobby, Woolnut.

That's a grand scope and I'm sure you're going to enjoy the journey you have started.

Have fun.

Haha thanks! I was amazed when i opened it as i had no idea what was in the two MASSIVE boxes that were in our front room... It was pretty easy to set up too which was nice! Unfortunately i haven't really been able to use it yet as its been so cloudy down where i am; missed the super Moon thanks to the thick cloud :(

Hello Woolnut, welcome to S G L, that is a very good scope to start you off on 

an incredible journey, lot's to see and lot's to learn, you are definitely in the right place,

hope you enjoy the forums and the learning process.

Clear Sky's. 

Hi Woolnut and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting your telescope and wish you clear skies to fire her up so that you can see what she is capable of showing you of our great cosmos! There is a lot of information here via the search facility (top right of your screen) to help you get started as well as posting any questions under the relevant topic headings as the need arises. No such thing as a daft question as we are ALL still learning in one way or another.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy your membership here.

Archived